help with course fee

merzie

hi. can anyone tell me if i can get some help with the fee for a beautician course i really want to do in september . i am a single mum and because this course is only twice a week it suits me fine. it costs 2,200 euro

Are you on a SW payment such as One-parent Family payment? Is the course a recognised course with a qualification at the end? FAS are the state agency who offer courses such as you are talking about, sometimes contracting them out if they don't run them themselves AFAIK. Unless you go through this channel, and are on some sort of SW payment it is doubtful there is any help with fees.

yes i am on one parent family allowance. i will ask in Fas so , thanks for the advice

Just remembered too....there is an Employment Support Service attached to the local SW offices...called a Job Facilitator....contact them for an appointment and they will bring you through the options for what you want to do. They're very helpful and a big part of their remit is to help lone parents get into education/employment. good luck!

Last edited:
Back