Help with colour scheme - stairs, floors, skirting

C

confused2

Hi I have my heart set on a stained walnut and off white stairs. I dont want to put walnut floors in. We were thinking of oak flooring but would it look very strange with the walnut stairs. Cant decide on colors for the doors and skirting, We don't want to mix loads of wood. Does walnut doors and oak flooring look terrible. Very confused! Any websites one can recommend with photos etc of interiors. Thanks

Personally, I would go for what you are planning - walnut & off white for the stairs, then white oak flooring, oak doors, off white skirting and arcitrave to frame the oak doors, with good quality door handle. All depends on the amount of natural light you will have in that area...

I am hoping to have something similar in the next few months - am under discussion with trades / prices / her indoors on this...

The key is to put in off-white skirtings and architrave to provide a break.
The stairs are a feature on their own.
What do you mean by 'stained walnut'?

I mean that the wood will be oak or mahogany and I will but a walnut stain on it. Doing it this way as walnut marks quite easy and also it is quite expensive,. I have seen some stained and its nice

Hi Confused2, welcome to AAM. Please use more meaningful thread titles. I have edited this one, feel free to re-edit if you feel I haven't correctly captured what you're after. This will also help you get a better response.
Leo

Back