Help needed: Preparing Books for non trading limited company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the fact that you have now posted about your business strategy/plan, funding etc. mean that your earlier post berating me for discussing same is now redundant?

drop-d said:
oh ya, sorry, no no need for a loan, i would only need 150 to file including the books completed by myself..ala ivorystraws ( ;) )
That sort of contradicts your original comments (my underlining)
Any help would be greatly appreciated as time is running out, and we can hardle afford to pay the filing fee's let alone a fine!

Clubman, i give up!

What do you expect from me? I initiated the thread seeking particular information. Interpert the following posts as you will.

I can pay the filing of 150 (I as in myself)
We (as in the company) cannot afford the fee's as it has not earned.

What exactly would you have me say now?

drop-d said:
Clubman, i give up!
Why? I'm just trying to clarify what you are saying particlularly where what you are saying seems to be contradictory. Feel free to ignore my comments or only read those that suit you but by posting on a public bulletin board you must expect some level of dissection of your comments.

I can pay the filing of 150 (I as in myself)
We (as in the company) cannot afford the fee's as it has not earned.
If an individual foots the bill in this way then presumably it would need to be accounted for in the books?

What exactly would you have me say now?
Not sure what you mean.

Have it your way!
By your way i do in fact mean the useless out of context quotes!

ClubMan said:
Why? I'm just trying to clarify what you are saying particlularly where what you are saying seems to be contradictory.
well the other 3 people seem to get what im saying from the start so i guess that lays the problem of incomprehension on your shoulders not mine!
ClubMan said:
Feel free to ignore my comments or only read those that suit you but by posting on a public bulletin board you must expect some level of dissection of your comments.
im here to get help, others are here to help...your here to dissect, point noted, maybe i should ignore your comments as you suggest. and focus on the people posting that have no issue understanding this thread:rolleyes:

ClubMan said:
If an individual foots the bill in this way then presumably it would need to be accounted for in the books?
quite concieveably, feel free to bring this issue and my company up with the CRO.
ClubMan said:
Not sure what you mean.
that seems to have been the issue from the outset. ;)

Hi Drop-d,

There are many ways of attracting revenue from your online business presence. I have approximately 10 different seperate categories on generating online eBusiness revenue if you'd like me to discuss them with you further. These would help cover your annual costs.

Also, keeping overheads to a minimum is a must for any startup so costs such as Company Formation (€66), .com domain name registration (€5 annually), .ie domin name registration (€39 ex VAT annually), outsourcing Website design etc are a must for any startup so be sure to always get the best deal.

That would be something i would very much like to discuss with you also.

Sounds like you have a bit of similar experience?

drop-d said:
Have it your way!
By your way i do in fact mean the useless out of context quotes!

well the other 3 people seem to get what im saying from the start so i guess that lays the problem of incomprehension on your shoulders not mine!

im here to get help, others are here to help...your here to dissect, point noted, maybe i should ignore your comments as you suggest. and focus on the people posting that have no issue understanding this thread:rolleyes:

quite concieveably, feel free to bring this issue and my company up with the CRO.

that seems to have been the issue from the outset. ;)
Ho hum.... :rolleyes:

Well, since it's my own cash being thrown into the business from the ouset, I try to keep a tight rein on the finances so I do a lot of reserch before I make a (recurring) purchase. I try to keep my eBusinesses current, using Web 2.0 services and concepts with maybe some added mashups from other sources.
As far as individual costs are cocerned, I formed my own company so that was €60 + €5 Commissioner of Oaths signature + €1 stamp duty on issued share capital. I sourced the cheapest domain name reseller from the listings on iedr.ie and did a lot of scrummaging for the €5 .com doain name registration (which I use a lot). I used various sites to outsource my web development, graphic design, various architectural engineering designs, supplying vendors etc. There are approximately 110 freelance outsourcing websites on the web, all of them offering ways to reduce costs plus they open up markets for service providers.

well im with you on the low cost aspect, but i find the whole web 2.0 concept a bit odd.
Seems, yet again, in order to make any decent money on the web you need a good product from the outset! regardless of web1 or web2.
i just found that that really transpired in terms of page views!
Other "apparant" ways of generating revenue by distributing free "intellectual" services involved heavy investment upfront! how did you get around this? (any chance of having a link to your setup?)

Well when I'm speaking of online revenue streams, I take it for granted that;
1. The service or product being addressed is a difficult one to solve.
2. The market addressed is large enough.
3. Prospective customers must be interested in the solution.
4. It's a young idea, with few others in the space.
5. There's large entry barriers.

Any other revenue streams are in addition to the core product/service. Relevant Web 2.0 concepts are relatively simple to understand and implement. They also generate recurring site visits from your target market. The following is list of typical Web 2.0 services and concepts which have evolved from Web 1.0;

Web 1.0 Web 2.0
DoubleClick --> Google AdSense
Ofoto --> Flickr
Akamai --> BitTorrent
mp3.com --> Napster
Britannica Online --> Wikipedia
personal websites --> blogging
evite --> upcoming.org and EVDB
domain name speculation --> search engine optimization
page views --> cost per click
screen scraping --> web services
publishing --> participation
content management systems --> wikis
directories (taxonomy) --> tagging ("folksonomy")
stickiness --> syndication

I'm not sure what exactly you mean when youstate that "generating revenue by distributing free "intellectual" services involved heavy investment upfront!"? For instance, the following few simple ideas require absolutely no investment upfront... only a little know how which may mean doing a little research.
Examples include;
1. Sell advertising space (using opt-in newsletters, search advertising etc)
2. Joint venture/partnership with other websites or newsletter publishers (affiliate programmes)
3. Selling website related merchandise via Cafe Press etc which allows
customers to personalize various items, such as clothing, stationary,
stickers, posters, books, etc.

Sorry, I'm not currently in a position to provide details of my current ebusiness ventures but I will provide as much help and information as needed so feel free to contact me.

Don't knock the technology that you definitely don't understand and try to be a little more helpful to new users of this forum. Stick to what you do best i.e. screen scraping the regulatory bodies websites. I'm sure drop-d will echo my sentiments here.

ivorystraws said:
I'm sure drop-d will echo my sentiments here.

Pretty much,

I used to post a lot here a few years ago unedr a different name, it was the best place for advise.

So i need advice and come back and, pretty much get ridiculed......by an admin no less!

But thankfully other people here do in fact "answer about money".

back to web 2.0, dunno if u got it from the same spot but i am fairly familiar with oriellys site http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/tim/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html same progression as you showed.

My take on w2 is that the information on the site may be the same but the orientation of the site owners have changed....

(in very crude terms)
i consider hotpress web1.0 they have a product (music articles) and charge users for that. they generate about 1 million visits per month
Their orientation is mainly getting visitors to buy their product/service (music articles)
If hot press were to embrace web2.0 they would distribute their articles + article database freely, and presumably get about 10 million visits per month. with web 2.0 their orientation would change in that NOW thier product service is the traffic that comes to their site (a generated market) and this product/service would be sold, not to the visitors, but to third party companies seeking to tap into hotpress's unique market of 10 million visitors...
like web 1.0 looked at visits web 2.0 looks at pay per click (advertising and product placement.

Those this make sense??

My point is that the rules of supply and demand are both there in terms of sell product to consumer but instead of the readers being the consumer buying "intellectual property" (written articles) the consumer is now a third party company buying advertising to a specific market.

Sorry, but thats what i meant by intellectual services. i.e. generating revenue by distributing those services means generating decent content people like to come to your site to see, and in terms charging other companies to advertise, in whatever shape to your created market!
a big one for me is ..heinekin or the like, and the bigger the market i create the bigger amount i can charge.

but considering i dont have much time to chase up these third party companies, most ad placement services require you to "buy in" to their product~investment up front.

At the moment i get about 30,000 views p/m, i will need to see that break 200,000 to be really intresting to the main players..i think

but on your point, i have a cafe press account, it didnt prove very effective, and i have a few partner site, and more in negotiation.
selling advertising space, proved not too successful for me however, again i think i need to improve the quality of my articles on my site and increase the traffic first b4 retrying.

hope this clears my earlier post a bit! :)

ivorystraws said:
Don't knock the technology that you definitely don't understand and try to be a little more helpful to new users of this forum. Stick to what you do best i.e. screen scraping the regulatory bodies websites. I'm sure drop-d will echo my sentiments here.
If you read my post carefully you'll see that I didn't knock the technologies - just the buzzword. What makes you so certain that I don't understand the so called "Web 2.0" technologies? All the more ironic an accusation coming from somebody who obviously can't differentiate between manual collation and posting of links and computer driven screen/web scraping. :rolleyes:
drop-d said:
So i need advice and come back and, pretty much get ridiculed......by an admin no less!
Care to point out where exactly I ridiculed you? The only possible example that I can find is this comment prompted by your undiplomatic reaction to my attempts to assist with your queries:
ClubMan said:
drop_d said:
For your ease i have highlight below the key points i need help with (not corporate governance or how to prepare a business plan you might note) please if you are going to reply further, focus on them huh!
Good luck with your business. Sounds like you'll need it.
In contrast it seems to me that you (oh - and the guy who doesn't understand what screen scraping is) are actually the one doing the ridiculing around here but thankfully I'm not that sensitive to that sort of stuff these days.

It's a pity the 100 character signature limit prevents me from expanding mine to issue a warning/disclaimer to cover the many classes of sensitive AAM user that seem to exist.

ClubMan said:
Care to point out where exactly I ridiculed you? The only possible example that I can find is this comment prompted by your undiplomatic reaction to my attempts to assist with your queries:....
well you did point out where u ridiculed me, so, that answers that!
ClubMan said:
In contrast it seems to me that you (oh - and the guy who doesn't understand what screen scraping is) are actually the one doing the ridiculing around here but thankfully I'm not that sensitive to that sort of stuff these days.
not ridiculing you, just stating facts as are clearly displayed in this thread!
i would never make assumptions on your personal life based on the sparse information you have provided me on this forum. You on the other hand appear to make many assumptions, to the detriment of others (as you your self ponted out).
ClubMan said:
It's a pity the 100 character signature limit prevents me from expanding mine to issue a warning/disclaimer to cover the many classes of sensitive AAM user that seem to exist.
the really really weird part is, if you didnt try to partake in this thread there would be 2 less sensitive individuals here.
So is that us sensitive or you callous?

Look bottom line, i am looking for help and ivory straws is providing it?
Where is the agro coming from! Certainly not from me? i started this thread with an agenda, seeking help, not to get into an arguement with another user, if i had i would have directed the topic of this thread against "Clubman"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back