HELP- my sister needs you!!

Alifan

Please can you all help me!! My sister is 23 and over the years I have bought endless amounts of cosmetics, handbags, Fashion and jewellery!! I need something more thoughtful than vouchers ( would consider vouchers as part of the present). Really want to get her something nice and for the life of me have not been able to think of anything!!
She has all the ususal electrics etc:
My budget is about €150.

Please help! Thanks and happy Christmas.

Making an assumption that she is 'high maintenance' as you've gotten a lot of girly stuff in the past, I'd suggest teh following:
  • Orla Kiely handbag, as they are a nice status symbol (Brown thomas and kilkenny shops have them)
  • A branded purse, be it Gucci / LV / Chloe... i know it seems a lot to spend on a purse, but its a woman thing! If its less than your budget, put the remainder into it as a voucher...
  • New all singing all dancing mobile phone, don't ask me why but every girl I know in their early 20's seem to think they need to get a new one annually! It might just be an upgrade option, but its a possibility.
  • Perhaps some make up lessons, i think the place 'make up forever' and blue ireu' both behind Brown thomas offer classes... let her make the most of your previous gifts.
  • GHD hair straightener... I don't understand why a Eu150 iron is such a 'must have', but if she doesn't have one (and doesn't have short hair) its another option.
Hope something here offers you an option. And whatever you get her, make sure you get the Gift receipt, so she can change it if necessary!!!

Weirs on Grafton St do some really nice jewellery boxes in that sort of price range - they are pretty indulgent, but really well made and I think make a good present.

I also like the make-up lesson idea! Or a really nice set of make-up brushes (lord knows they can cost!)

You could click on the button at the bottom of this page and buy her a Premium subscription to Askaboutmoney.com? The gift that keeps on giving...
;)

Many thanks to all of you who posted a suggestion! I went with the make up lessons which also included several make up gifts- she loved it!
Thanks again.

Back