Help - Management Co. keeps raising charges!

In our case the management company had directors appointed without any knowledge to residents/owners. We too were not notified of initial AGM where these directors were supposedly elected. A group of residents attempted to contact them once we were provided with names and even then no one was able to contact those that were appointed (either not at addresses provided or simply not interested in replying or had requested they be allowed to step down but were never removed from listing). We had major issues whereby supplement charges were sent and payment expected due to non payment from other residents/landlords. As is standard the good residents would pay but in our case we paid the majority but then it simply became too much and we werent seeing any change in the complex. When we investigated it further with the MC they informed us that we could hold our payment until our questions had been answered, I was sure to have a record or this, mind you.

I'll try to contact some of the other owners (difficult as I live in Dublin and the apartment is in the south of the country and most of the apartments are let out). I fully intend to pursue this matter as I don't trust this company.

Most managing agents will deny this but as a shareholder, the company secretary (typically the agent) must supply you with the names and addresses of all the other shareholders. Some will have their addresses as the apartment even if they've moved out but it might help get you off the ground.

Keep up the fight! Information will come eventually. Again look into neighbours.ie and see if your complex has been set up. If not maybe you should try set it up and then do a leaflet drop in the complex advising people of the forum for chat on the complex. Not sure if it will help but it could get the ball rolling and get you in touch with both residents landlords and owner/occupiers. Always good to see if you can see issues from all points of view.

Back