Heating still breaking down

elainem

I got a new boilder (Firebird, oil, condensing boiler) put in in August. The guy who put it in was a Polish, Plumber, neighbou of mine who eventually ripped me off on a nuber of things (other posts). However, the heating is continually breaking down. Two weeks ago, after an oil fill, there was apparently oil in the tank which got into the pump and burner. The tank was old and there was query that there was a query that it was leaking, so all the oil had to be replaced (tank was nearly full), then the pump packed in due to water in oil. Plumber (another one) suggested replace both pump and burner (as there are a lot of problems apprently with the burner on Firebird boiler's). This together with rewiring the bioler (Polish guy had wired it wrong) cost E680, plus new fill of oil E285 (cost price, apparently). Now over the weekend, the heating has broken down again. Any advice greatly appreciated, as I'm worn out financially and mentally with the hassle of it. Thanks.

680!! Sounds like you have been done twice!
And nothing wrong with firebirds burners (even the max4s are not great but that is purely from a service and repair perspective)

Where r u located? Pm me and I maybe able to recommend someone in ur are

Always use Oftec registered oil technicians. Worth it in the end

Btw if he installed a new burner. Should it not be under warranty?

Water entering the fuel pump of the burner can quite quickly damage the pump so you need to be sure that your tank, fuel line, oil filter ,pump filter and nozzel filter have all been cleared of water and any other impurities.When the water has reached the pump it is too late. The pump is part of the burner so you dont change both, if there is no pressure showing on a pressure guage which is fitted to test the pump then change the pump . I agree that you should get experienced people to do this.

Back