Heat Recovry ventilation - Has anyone had it installed

shigllgetcha

We have what I think is a condensation problem that is leading to mould. It seems fairly bad in the two bedrooms at the gables espically ours, moved the bedside locker and its was like someone spilled a drink and the wooden floor is pretty damp. The windows dont have the little vents.

Has anyone had heat recovery ventilation? It should remove the moisture and stop the condensation

* Im fairly sure its condensation not damp, but lets assume for now its condensation, ill look into it properly before I go any further, just wondering what people think of these systems

check out DCMEV demand controlled mechanical extract ventilation.
unless you have an air-tight home HRV is not suitable. http://www.aereco.com/
this is just one of several brands on the market, but i would recommend aereco and have dealt with them in the past.

Have a HRV installed. Very happy with it and little or no condensation. HOWEVER, I built the house in 2008 to low energy standards, with a good level of air tightness, so as lowCO2 says, the house needs to be air tight before you install one otherwise you will have leakages everywhere and it will be pretty pointless. In addition, I installed whilst stud walls were exposed etc. allowing easy installation of ductwork. In a retrofit it will be a lot of upheaval.

Back