Heat Pump

J

jb1981

Hi There

Am in the process of building at the moment, UFH down, MHRV in, air-tightness going in today, so am now on to deciding on my heating system.
Am leaning towards the Daikin Altherma Air-to-Water Heat Pump to run the underfloor heating and hot water.
Just wondering if anyone has any recent experience with this unit, i have received a good price for complete install from a company who seem to me to know what they are talking about.
I know there are a lot of threads on Heat Pumps already on here, but i am looking for some up-to-date / more recent experiences on running costs, suitability etc.....

Thanks in advance
JB

We have a Thermia air source heat pump running UFG througout. Built house little over 2 years ago, it's 3,000 sq ft dormer, insulated relatively well and no HRV. Running costs last first year came in at aprox. €1,700 and this last year was €1,500. Figures include all heating & electricty. Estimated oil alone would have been in the region of €1,500 so we are very happy with how the system has worked for us.

It's worthwhile getting a night meter installed, as running the pump mainly on the night tarriff helps keep the cost down.

best of luck.

hi dj01,i am at building stage at the minute,same as alot of people on here trying to decide on my heating source,i am interested in the air to water that you have installed,how does the cold weather spells affect its efficiency?

Back