heat on?

April Raine

Do people have the heat on?

My house feels chilly even though it is 20 degress. I put on gas rads heat for an hour but it does not stay warm long. It's a new house insulated etc

I turned on the heating for the first time last evening, I even took out my winter coat yesterday because I felt so cold. There is definately an autumn chill in the air.

Do you have gas? How long do you leave it on to keep house warm. My first time with gas has solid fuel in last house and the rads stayed hot for ages

I have oil central heating, I just need to have it on for a couple of hours and the house is roasting. The house is well insulated.

I have oil central heating, I just need to have it on for a couple of hours and the house is roasting. The house is well insulated.
my house is well insulated too as its new but the heat seems to dissipate fast. maybe I am coming down with something...freezing

Sorry to say, but people who are usually talking about this are still wearing tee-shirts......put on a jumper and save the planet!

DGOBS.....I know what you're saying but it is chillier this year....all the rain this "summer" probably means it's damper as well.

We put the heat on for an hour last night....unheard of for us. Normally dont have the heat on at all until October 'cos we do opt for the jumper & socks first & foremost.

I'm actually looking forward to lighting a fire this weekend:eek::)...might even have a hot port with it if there's a storm outside!

we don't have central heating and you just get used to putting an extra jumper on!

when i go to friends houses I always find them unnecessarily warm and stuffy!

we don't have central heating and you just get used to putting an extra jumper on!

when i go to friends houses I always find them unnecessarily warm and stuffy!

Ooh, I say! Yes, the heat has been turned on in my house about a month earlier than usual. And no visitor has complained of being stuffy . . . even after I made them a hot brandy!

April Raine, By any chance is it a timber framed house. They heat up quicker but get cold quicker too.
I have had the head on myself the last few days. I would usually have it off May to Oct, this year it was off June July and I think it was on twice in August. not good.

DGOBS.....I know what you're saying but it is chillier this year....all the rain this "summer" probably means it's damper as well.

We put the heat on for an hour last night....unheard of for us. Normally dont have the heat on at all until October 'cos we do opt for the jumper & socks first & foremost.

I'm actually looking forward to lighting a fire this weekend:eek::)...might even have a hot port with it if there's a storm outside!

Just wondering how you heat the water? Through the immersion? would it be cheaper to heat with Oil.

I heat the water with oil but the rads are switched off over the summer. It's far cheaper than electricity even taken account of the present high cost of oil.

The east coast is getting the colder weather at the minute with the wind direction taking in cold air from the Irish Sea.

I've got extra jumper and socks - thinking about putting on a woolly hat as well - and I live in the sunny South East!!

sfag,

20 degrees C is approximately 70 degrees F; that's hot in my book! our heating in our well insulated house is set to 18 degrees and that's shirtsleeve temp.

(And we spent five years in the tropics so it's not just being warmblooded!)

Back