Health levy refund

Molly

I have searched around numerous threads but cannot find an clear answer to the following :-

When calculating if due a health levy refund should I include illness benefit as part of total annual earnings ?

I was off work for 7 months due to illness in 2009, as a result my P60 states total earnings of less than E26,000, however P21 for the same period states taxable earnings as above E26,000 as I was in receipt of illness benefit.

Am I entitled to a refund of health levy based on my p60 figure or does illness benefit payments bring me over the threshold ?

Just an update in case anyone else has a similar query.

I contacted revenue directly and was told that it would depend on whether I received my illness benefit directly or if it was paid to my employer.

As I received this payment directly I have been informed that I am entitled to a refund as my PAYE earnings were below the threshold. In the case where illness benefit is paid to your employer and then forwarded to the recipient via payroll a refund may not be applicable as PRSI deductions where already applied. ( not sure I clearly understand this, but it may help someone with a similar query)

Back