health insurance: Whats the deal with HSA insurance?

Bolter

any advice re swiching(too much vino at Christmas:eek:) health insurance. Am currently with QUinn Essential plus but am trying to save money i go to acupuncturist regularly and am looking for best deal. 2 adults 3 kids. i dont suppose theres hangover insurance....:rolleyes:. anyways all advice appreciated. (am confused by hard sell on telephone) ps whats the deal with HSA cover.what is it?

Re: health insurance

Check out the HIA website and have a look at their consumer info and product surveys/comparisons. There are also lots of existing threads on this sort of topic so try searching.

I presume HSA refers to [broken link removed]? I think that these are comparable to the [broken link removed] and maybe other cash plan product providers. I'm not sure that they are directly comparable with the likes of VHI, BUPA/Quinn or Vivas.

thanks for that clubman.:D link was useful. it doesnt seem worthwhile to switch for my family. just annoyed that quinn while very competitive have thrown in a few "extras" this year like a charge of 2 per cent if you pay monthly as opposed to all in one go. I suppose its because there are so few players in this market

Re: switching health insurance

Hi. Thinking about switching from VHI to Vivas or Quinn. VHI give impression that they settle claims far quicker than the other providers. Has anyone experience of making claims with Vivas or Quinn? How did it go ? Thanks

I've had claims with BUPA and VHI over the years and both settled them promptly. However my most recent claim for day to day medical expenses was submitted to VHI a couple of weeks ago and has not been processed. I contacted them and they told me that they were on a 10 working day lead time for looking at such claims.

Back