Health Insurance Health insurance renewal

Daffodils

Hi

My parents in their late 60's are renewing their health insurance on 20th Jan. They are currently with Aviva on Health plan 16.1 and thinking of moving back to Vhi maybe Pmi 41.15. Would this be a good plan for them? Neither has any major health conditions and rarely use their insurance but want good cover for private hospitals.

Thanks

Hi Daffodils,

VHI plan 41 15 is a very good alternative to Aviva Health plan 16.1. Note the price for PMI 41 15 from 2 Jan 2016 will be 1254pa.
This is still cheaper than Aviva 16.1 which will increase to 1387pa from 1 January 2016.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Hi all,

Health insurance time of year again!!

Looking for some advice: 2 Adults – 1 Young adult (19) – 2 Children (17) & (13)

At present on VHI Teacher plan select which has good hospital cover, however none (or very little) day to days cover.

VHI have a half price offer on kids plans, however I looking at perhaps moving to Laya, two plans looking very interesting; Simply Connect & Simplicity.

Who appreciate input from other members as all these plans can get very confusing.

Many thanks

Hi Chelseablue,

Laya Simply Connect is a very good option, with 3 levels of hospital covered - public,private and hi-tech cover.
Good outpatient day to day cover included, 1 euro excess, max refund 300 per person per year.
2 adults x 999 = 1998
2 children x 239 = 478
19 yr old = 499
Total family price; 2975
Note; there is a 3% charge if you pay monthly or by installments. Revised total including 3% charge = 3062.

To reduce costs further, a good alternative for the 19 yr young adult is VHI Plan PMI 31 12; price 405pa including day to day cover or
VHI One Plan; price 371pa no day to day cover.
[broken link removed]

Simplicity plan is also a good option, but the day to day cover has 100 euro excess, which means the first 100 expenses are not allowed.
An ideal day to day excess is 1 euro. Worth considering, slightly more expensive than Simply Connect.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks Snowyb for all your help, you have a great insight into health insurance and I appreciate your help.
We decided to leave the child with VHI and to move the adults to Laya

Once again thanks, Chelseablue

Back