Health Insurance Health Insurance Renewal - VHI & Glohealth policies

geriatric

Hi

I'm due for renewal 1st Aug. Currently have VHI PMI 3613 for my wife (€1248) and VHI One Plan Complete for my two children, ages 12 & 17 (€158 each)). I am with Glohealth's Netmost 300 plan (€926).

Any advice on similar plans at better value please?

Also, can I leave the children with VHI but insure my wife and myself with another Insurer?

Thanks in advance

geriatric,

Alternative plans for yourself with Laya as follows;
1. Laya Flex 375 Explore; price 822pa; all public,private and hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 375 per admission, day case 125. No excess applies to any public hospital.

2. Laya Flex 250 Explore; price 949pa; all public,private and hi-tech hospitalscovered, private/hi-tech excess 250 per admission, day case 100. No excess applies to any public hospital.
[broken link removed]

Note; There is extra hi-tech hospital cover on the above 2 plans.

Alternative plan for your wife as follows;
1. Laya Simply Connect; price 1063pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, max excess 150 x 2 per year, day case 50, day to day cover
included, max refund 300 per year.
[broken link removed]
Note; a 3% charge applies if you pay by instalments.

You can leave the children with VHI while yourself and your wife can be with another insurer. An adult is named on their policy but only the
children are insured. The One Plan Complete price 158 each, is a very good plan, with no hospital excess.
If you wanted to consider a cheaper option with same hospital cover including a hospital excess 125 euro per admission or day case in a private or
hi-tech hospital, One Plus Plan; price 137 per child is worth considering.
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Last edited:
geriatric,

Alternative plans for yourself with Laya as follows;
1. Laya Flex 375 Explore; price 822pa; all public,private and hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 375 per admission, day case 125. No excess applies to any public hospital.

2. Laya Flex 250 Explore; price 949pa; all public,private and hi-tech hospitalscovered, private/hi-tech excess 250 per admission, day case 100. No excess applies to any public hospital.
[broken link removed]

Alternative plan for your wife as follows;
1. Laya Simply Connect; price 1063pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, max excess 150 x 2 per year, day case 50, day to day cover
included, max refund 300 per year.
[broken link removed]
Note; a 3% charge applies if you pay by instalments.

You can leave the children with VHI while yourself and your wife can be with another insurer. An adult is named on their policy but only the
children are insured. The One Plan Complete price 158 each, is a very good plan, with no hospital excess.
If you wanted to consider a cheaper option with same hospital cover including a hospital excess 125 euro per admission or day case in a private or
hi-tech hospital, One Plus Plan; price 137 per child is worth considering.
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Hi Snowyb

After some research I'm think I might go with the following....
Two children remain with VHI One Plan Complete €158/person
My wife to Laya's Simplicity Plan or their Simply Connect, both similar price €1087 and €1064 respectively. I need to check out mammogram cover at Bons Cork for these.
Me with Laya's Adv 175 Explore at €872 with 10% online discount. I was considering Glohealth Kickoff plus but there is poor orthopaedic cover.

I know it's an personal decision but I would appreciate your opinion on these choices.

Thanks

geriatric,

Regarding your wife's options, Simplicity plan is the better choice overall. The Bons Secours Cork is fully covered for mammograms.
The following link confirms this;
https://www.layahealthcare.ie/formembers/directpaymentcentresegmrictdexascans/

For your own options, there is a similar plan, cheaper in price and lower excess(150) worth considering compared to Advantage 175 Explore;
1. Precision 150 Connect; price 858pa; public, selected private and some hi-tech hospital cover. Private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission.
Mater Private Cork is covered but Bons Secours Cork is not included on this plan. Good orthopaedic cover on this plan, no shortfall or excess
applies to orthopaedic surgery in private or hi-tech hospitals with this plan.

Also, another alternative with Glohealth worth considering which includes Bons Secours Cork and Mater Private Cork, is as follows;
2. Bloom Plus Plan; price 900pa; public, selected private and Beacon Hospital cover. Private/hi-tech excess 300 x 2 per year.

[broken link removed]

The One Plan Complete plan is the better option for the children.

Regards, Snowyb

Back