Health Insurance Health Insurance Renewal Advice

ConfusedHealth

I am due to renew my health insurance in the next week. The Insurance is for me and my 9 month old son. I am currently on the Glo Health "Better" Plan with the Family and Kids and Therapy package as the free personal packages.

Are there any better packages out there at the moment that my current plan. My son is free on my current plan I think to age 3.

Hi ConfusedHealth,

Welcome to AAM.
There are a couple of alternatives to consider, not great savings but worth looking at.

LAYA Healthcare Adult options
1. Laya Flex 175 Explore; price 899pa, good hospital cover, no outpatient cover.
or
2. Laya Simply Connect; price 999pa, good hospital cover, also good outpatient cover( max 300 total claim per person)
[broken link removed]

LAYA child option
1. Simply Connect; good hospital cover + good outpatient cover ( max 300 per person)
[broken link removed]

*Note if you pay by installments, there is a 3% charge with Laya. So overall price using adult option 1 is 1175, overall price using
adult option 2 is 1274. Option 2 is similar in price to Glohealth but there would be better outpatient cover with Simply Connect.

VHI Healthcare
If you don't renew until 1 August 2015, VHI have half price kids offer from this date.
Adult option; Plan PMI 37 13; price 1011pa; good hospital cover, no outpatient cover.
Child option; One Plan Choice; price 124pa (1/8/2015 onwards) good hospital cover, no outpatient cover.
[broken link removed]

Overall VHI price 1135.

Regards, Snowyb

Hi ConfusedHealth,

Welcome to AAM.
There are a couple of alternatives to consider, not great savings but worth looking at.

LAYA Healthcare Adult options
1. Laya Flex 175 Explore; price 899pa, good hospital cover, no outpatient cover.
or
2. Laya Simply Connect; price 999pa, good hospital cover, also good outpatient cover( max 300 total claim per person)

LAYA child option
1. Simply Connect; good hospital cover + good outpatient cover ( max 300 per person)

*Note if you pay by installments, there is a 3% charge with Laya. So overall price using adult option 1 is 1175, overall price using
adult option 2 is 1274. Option 2 is similar in price to Glohealth but there would be better outpatient cover with Simply Connect.

VHI Healthcare
If you don't renew until 1 August 2015, VHI have half price kids offer from this date.
Adult option; Plan PMI 37 13; price 1011pa; good hospital cover, no outpatient cover.
Child option; One Plan Choice; price 124pa (1/8/2015 onwards) good hospital cover, no outpatient cover.

Overall VHI price 1135.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks for the feedback. It has been very helpful.

Glohealth have come back to me offering me the Better Advantage plan for €1,107 instead of their initial quote of €1,272 for the Better Plan. They say the two plans are identical and that it is just that the Better Advantage plan is a corporate plan. Would you recommend the Laya Simply Connect plan over the Glohealth Better Advantage Plan?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
If it was just as an adult plan alone, Simply Connect is a better option, both cover wise and price wise.

Since your new quote also includes cover for your son for free, this is a better option to go for.

Snowyb

Back