Having twins - what car to get?

Niall M

My wife is due twins in February, and we will need a bigger car! Any advice on what to get, something with a big boot and roomy back seats is what im thinking .

My wife is due twins in February, and we will need a bigger car! Any advice on what to get, something with a big boot and roomy back seats is what im thinking .

What sort of price range have you got Niall. Are you looking for new or second hand.

We've a 5 yo and 18 month old twins.

We got a Citroen C4 Picasso 7 seater, and find it ideal.

Get your sleep ins now :)

We've a 5 yo and 18 month old twins.

We got a Citroen C4 Picasso 7 seater, and find it ideal.

Get your sleep ins now :)

Working on all the sleep i can get, i do get the call to make cheese sandwiches at 4 in the morning though...

Unless you're driving a tiny car or a variety of sports car that isn't suitable for passengers, I don't think you should necessarily buy a bigger car at this stage. You may need a bigger car when the kids are bigger.

When we had our twins got a Honda Stream MPV - 3 rows, 6-7 seater.

Bought a 2003 one back in '07, no bother with it at all. It's got electric everything and leather seats which is essential for wiping clean with a pair of messy tykes throwing their grub and drinks about.

Don't worry about the lack of sleep - you'll be too tired to worry about it!

OP, what do you have at the mo ?

Basically, anything with 4 doors and a decent boot will suffice.

I'd agree, but I think you'll find an MPV more practical especially with getting twins in & out. Plenty out there to choose from.

S-Max is prob the pick of the bunch and you've got 2 extra seats if you decide to grow the family

have a peugeot 407. we were looking at double buggy last week, it fitted nito the boot fine but nothing else will fit in then!

have a peugeot 407. we were looking at double buggy last week, it fitted nito the boot fine but nothing else will fit in then!

Obviously, I don't want to be telling you what to do, but if I was in your position (which I was once :)) I would be thinking more in terms of buying a new double buggy that will fit into your car boot rather than buying a new car that will fit your double buggy

Obviously, I don't want to be telling you what to do, but if I was in your position (which I was once :)) I would be thinking more in terms of buying a new double buggy that will fit into your car boot rather than buying a new car that will fit your double buggy

yera, i need to change the car anyway, so may as well be practical about it.

Have a look around and see what's on the roads that takes your fancy - then research it on the internet.
Use Car Buyers Guide for example.

Also, make sure you get IsoFix fittings already installed as it's a hassle to get them retrofitted!

Back