Having problems getting rent paid

olivia

My current tenant is in place for almost 2 years and I have on-going problems with rent payment – it is intermittent and always behind. I have to chase for most weekly payments. My tenant is well-meaning. She is in receipt of rent allowance. I have been very patient and have helped her out with buying oil and fuel for her when she couldn’t afford heating (which caused pipes to burst and involved us in a lot of expense)

I am tried of tracking, chasing, texting etc.

What options are open to me? What course of action should I take?

If there was an option to rent it out to someone else I'd give her notice - you shouldn't have to be responsible for tenants costs. If she is getting rent allowance there shouldn't be any reason for her not to pay up.

My current tenant is in place for almost 2 years and I have on-going problems with rent payment – it is intermittent and always behind. I have to chase for most weekly payments. My tenant is well-meaning. She is in receipt of rent allowance. I have been very patient and have helped her out with buying oil and fuel for her when she couldn’t afford heating (which caused pipes to burst and involved us in a lot of expense)

I am tried of tracking, chasing, texting etc.

What options are open to me? What course of action should I take?

Can you get her to sign the RA over to be paid direct to you?

Is she a sole tenant or is she on rent a room ? Have you another PPR you live in currently ? If it was a property let out on a lease I would be tempted to give her due notice and tell her you are planning on moving back in yourself. If you give her notice and tell her the truth she is going to make life hell for you.

Back