Have you flown to Orlando with Aer Lingus recently?

Hi guys

I was wondering if anybody on here had flown to Orlando recently with Aer Lingus?

We are flying to Orlando from Dublin in 3 weeks time and I was wondering about the in flight entertainment. Does anybody know if their newer aircraft are flying on the Orlandlo route? The idea of a 9 hour flight without the personal screens seems a bit daunting and was hoping that we might have these screens.

Thanks

I did this journey with children in May with Aer L. expecting screens as I had checked something on line, however there were only the high screens every 15 seats or so. Pretty useless. It was a very old aircraft. The flight was only half full so at least we could move about.
Bring a DVD player

Is there any way I can find out which aircrafts have the tv screens on the seats?

We flew out on 4th July and back on back on 21st and our plane had personal seat back screens with lots of choices for movies, tv programmes, music and games.

Hopefully you'll get the same plane

I have had the 'fancy' plane once in four trips to Orlando

Their fancy plane is ei duz and is servicing Orlando at present
I dont know if they have modernised since I last went

Check closer to the time at [broken link removed]

Flew with them in Feb 08 back from Orlando and it was one of the worst flights i've been on.

Food was rubbish and it felt like i had a knee in my back the whole way home. But the person's knee was miles away from me.

Air Lingus use their older planes on this route especially on the outward journey so you will not have a screen in your seat. They always use the plane with the screens coming down from the ceiling. You might be lucky on the inward journey but dont bet on it.

Its direct with no frills. One of the worst serviced routes on their service. I travel on that route a few times a year and if it was not direct i would not use it. Contenental via newark is a far better service but you have to stop. The planes are always clean, entertainment is excellent and the staff could teach the air lingus people a few things. Flag carrier my ass..

Air Lingus use their older planes on this route especially on the outward journey so you will not have a screen in your seat. They always use the plane with the screens coming down from the ceiling. You might be lucky on the inward journey but dont bet on it.

Its direct with no frills. One of the worst serviced routes on their service. I travel on that route a few times a year and if it was not direct i would not use it. Contenental via newark is a far better service but you have to stop. The planes are always clean, entertainment is excellent and the staff could teach the air lingus people a few things. Flag carrier my ass..

If they normally use the older planes on the way out, where does the newer one for the inward journey come from????
The plane that goes out to a destination turns around and comes back again.

This route is mostly a leisure route so it has been the last to get the new seats with PTV's. I think Aer Lingus has only about 2 long haul planes that have not yet been updated. These are due to be updated later this year AFAIK.

Going on this route next week, was wondering if they have updated the aircraft at this point and whether they clear customs. thanks

Hi Minkydog

Travelled this route four weeks ago and they are using the smaller aircraft which has the screens on the back of the seats, customs is done in orlando which is hell as it took nearly 2 hours

im gutted that people would speak so badly of peoples place of work....not on..

???

Poor food, poor aircraft......simple as that. I couldn't care less who works there and if it hurts their feelings.

I paid for a service ( a lot ) and expect better

Back