Hassles from Three and Collection Agency

G

Guest116

Hi,

I signed up for a Three phone package back in March ( a pay monthly contract for 12 months). It turned out the sim card from Three didn't work in the handset I have even though Three said it would before I signed up, I use a HTC phone I purchased myself.

So I returned the Three phone straight away and cancelled the contract. This was fine as there was a 2 week period that you were allowed to cancel the contract without penalty.

Three were constantly ringing me for about 3 weeks after cancelling but they have eventually figured out that I did cancel within the 2 weeks and now they dont dispute anything. They have cancelled my account and have refunded the money I had paid them.

However I continue to receive phone calls and letters from a collection agency called NCO. They claim I owe Three about 330 euro for cancelling the contract.

Again and again I have spoken to Three and they assure me my account it closed and I dont owe anything. They said they would tell NCO that the account is closed.

However 2 weeks later I still get letters from NCO, another phone call from NCO this morning. I am obviously tired of this hassle and no matter how many times I explain to Three and NCO that the account is closed nothing changes. I have had at least 4 letters and 4 phone calls from NCO, I have rang Three about 8 times about it and this has been going on since early March.

What can I do?? Can Comreg do anything do think? I have better things for doing that wasting time and money ringing, emailing, taking calls and having to hold letters in case I need to prove anything at a later date.

I have to say Three have the worst customer service I have ever come across.

So I am not sure how to put a stop to this...

I would ring the National consumer Centre and ask for advice. If Three accept that you don't owe anything, they have a responsibility to call off hte debt collection agency.

www.nca.ie

I've had problems like this before from 3. If there's no problems on the side of 3, then ask them to send out a letter to you confirming this - ensure they include your account details etc. and that you owe them no money. Then send this on, registered post, to the collection agency. You could ask them the name of the person that it should be sent to in order to call off the hounds - rather than just sending to a general company address. I tried the national consumer agency on this before when I had my issues, but they said they didn't get involved in contractual issues between two parties - even though they obviously did in the recent Aer Lingus issue.

Back