Health Insurance Has anyone used the policy search function on totalhealthcover.ie?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
http://www.totalhealthcover.ie/policy_search

You put in your requirements and it gives you the "best value" policy from each of the companies.

I am not sure how comprehensive it is, but it certainly would give you a good place to start. It would suggest a few policies. You could then put them into the HIA website for further details.

It's an interesting approach. My own view, is that if Aviva has the best three options, it would be better to show those three options, rather than to show one from each company.

Brendan

You are correct Brendan. The HIA is the best website as it shows many, many, (hundreds) more policies nearer to the one you require, whereas the total health cover will only show you one from each company. Some are arguing that the HIA website might be showing too many and people get puzzled, but if they know the important items they really want in their cover, then the HIA website will show them a great many more options and they then choose what to go for. EG, don't be going for a private room in a general hospital when it's unlikely there'll be one available. Be in good humour and have no other items on your mind when you sit down to do this, you'll find it easier to complete. Another thing is, total health care are selling policies, the HIA are not.

I do like this feature a lot, but the major problem with it is that some plans seem to be excluded, I'm not exactly sure why but I presume it's the filters used.

For example, when I search for a corporate plan in the €1100+ range, I already know that Laya's Connect Choice plan is the best value at this level but it's not showing up in the search.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mexicola,

Which feature are you referring to? The HIA or the totalhealthcover? I assume it's the total health cover?

I selected Public and Private corporate plan €1,100+ and I got only one result: PMI 3613

I input that into the HIA comparison and I got 92 results, but Connect Choice is not there.

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

Yes referring to Totalhealth cover, there is only one result and there should be a lot more than that.

I can see Connect Choice on the HIA list when I input PMI 36 13 , it's €1100.34
[broken link removed]

Also the drop down choices assumes too much knowledge of the products I think, on the Totalhealth cover site

Last edited:
Back