Has anyone stayed in these Edinburgh Hotels?

micheller

Does anyone have any feedback on the following hotels:

The glasshouse
The Bonham
The Howard
The scotsman
Jurys Inn
Radisson SAS

Also, the witchery restaurant- is it as good as it looks?

Loved the Witchery! Food so fresh - portions not big but quality great. Prices high of course but the atmosphere and candlelight so romantic!

stayed in jurys inn, good location, good price. Just dont eat in the restaurant as its abysmal.

All of those hotels are among the best. I recently visited and stayed in Channings Hotel which was really good - I'd recommend it. (it is a sister hotel of Bonhams and the Howard but slightly cheaper).
Witchery Restaurant is v. atmospheric/romantic (esp the Secret Garden section I think) but I didn't think the food was that amazing (wine list is v. impressive though!). I think other restaurants have better food - you could try any of The Outsider, Oloroso, Centotre and Circus Cafe ... but the Witchery is definitely more 'unique' ...
Any of the above would need to be booked in advance if you're going on a weekend ...

stayed in SAS - great location in older part of edinburgh. Nice rooms but no facilities to speak off. If location is key - Great. You can get the airport bus which drops you about 5 mins walk away.

Stayed in Jurys Inn. Good location, clean & reasonable price. Be aware it is a favoured spot for hens & stags.

I stayed in the Scotsman. Best Hotel I've ever stayed in my life. We got upgraded to a suite on the top floor, as the lift wasn't working at the time. The bathroom overlooked the castle & the room also had a turret! Everything in the room was pure luxury, from the antiques, the toiletries, the linen, even the service hatch in the door through which they serve breakfast. The building had real character; I think it was the old newspaper building. The bar in the Scotsman was good as well.

Am going back when I save up the money!

Stayed in the Apex on the airport road. You can still walk to town (around 20 mins)

Eaten in the Witchery twice. Both times very very nice. I wish I could find as nice a restaurant in Dublin. I still don't know a fantastic restaurant in Dublin - just lots of okay ones.

Have to second the Radisson SAS, just back and loved it. Great location and swimming pool, spa and sauna on site.

Hey there

We have sent the parents to Edinburgh for Anniversary October bank holiday - I booked the George Hotel - anybody know what it's like. Also can anyone recommend nice restaurants (particularly Indian) or things to do as I know very little about Edinburgh (they don't drink)

Thanks

Back