has anyone opened a french bank account?

mtk

I was thinking of doing this and wondering has anyone else any first hand knowledge of this as i want to diversify risk of sovereign default.

I could walk into french bank branch by taking a day trip to paris (i speak pretty good french) but afraid they would n't know what do do with me! any help appreciated.

yes, we opened an account with barclays in Montipeller. No problems

Spoke to BNP Paribas Luxembourg , they deal only with customers that interested of saving(multiple currency) and mutual funds together. They push hard for emerging market and gold tracker mutual funds.

Soc Gen Paris return me an email earlier today about non resident saving account & documentation needed(eg. ESB bills, passport, P60, payslips, etc..) . Only problem for me is i don't speak French and you can call them Tel: + 33 1 53 30 87 10 since you speak good french. i am still waiting for them to come back to me details about the interest rates and fees/charges for multiple currency account.

BNP Paribas in Paris are more likely to be able to deal with a retail bank account than BNP Paribas Lux.

Back