Has anyone got a kitchen from B & Q?

witchymand

Just wondering has anyone had a kitchen from B & Q? Also if you buy from them can they recommend a fitter also?
Just wanted some advice regarding a small kitchen being fitted.

Didnt get one from B&Q, got one from MFI. But I can tell you that when I was seriously considering B&Q, the sales girl warned me off going with their fitters: you will save a helluva lot of money if you can find a reliable person to do it yourself (yeah, easier said than done).
I managed to find a reliable person to do mine, and saved a fortune: that said, bits of it never got entirely finished....but that's my fault.
Im sure there are plenty of good tradesmen who will do it cheaper than the B&Q fitters: to be honest, I've been told that some of their fitters will do it 'on the side' for cheaper: but dont ask me how to even broach that subject
good luck

Looked at both B&Q and Homebase when buying my kitchen and ended up going with Homebase, purely because I preferred the units there! Very happy with how the kitchen turned out, and they delivered exactly when they said they would. Even went back in a few weeks later and ordered 3 more presses and there was no problems with them either. If you are looking for a budget priced kitchen which looks good then I can definitely recommend Homebase!

I recently bought a kitchedn from B&Q, very happy with the purchase. I got the IT range with solid oak doors, price worked out well. Approx 7m of lowl level units (inc 1 x corner unit & soft close drawer unit)handles, plinths, 1.5 sink (no tap), integrated dishwasher, worktop (not granite or solid wood), 3m of eye level units, pelmits & cornices all for €3145. Fitted this myself and didn't have any major problem, numerous minor ones but with my level of DIY experience that was to be expected. TBH it would be impossible for anybody else to tell whether it was self fitted or not.

B&Q had a kitchen design service with a really good designer whom I just brought my dimensions to and she gave me the qoutation with a computer generated picture of what the kitchen would look like.

Very impressed overall (no affilliation to B&Q)

Back