Has anyone bought house furniture on Fornisca.ie?

fizzelina

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has bought furniture on Fornisca .ie and if they were pleased with the quality? I have looked in various places around Dublin for a dining table solid oak that has a matching solid oak bench. This website have what I'm interested in (the Madrid range on it) but since I can't see the quality I'd appreciate if anyone bought anything there to let me know

As an alternative..I've bought off pinesolutions.co.uk recently. In my case it was a for a sideboard that we saw in a dublin retailer. This retailer couldnt say if we would get it before Xmas and this was end of Oct. So saw the SAME product on the above, who delivered it well before xmas from the UK, at 10% less. Their exchange rate is a bit generous, see if you can pay in GBP.

S.

Hi fizzleina

I've had a dreadful experience with this crowd - I'd avoid them like the plague! I've just given up now. See thread http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=118860
Absolutely horrible to deal with once they have your money, a pity because the furniture is nice enough. They trade using a number of different websites so beware if you see the same furniture on a different website, the website design and contact address, or registed company address on Companies House UK are the same.

And if you pay in GBP they will charge you hundreds for delivery to Ireland or only deliver to a UK port despite what it claims on their website. I tried this too but it was cheaper to pay the euro price.

I bought a RIO SIDEBOARD from Fornesca.ie . I paid in euro. When I got my Visa Statement it was down as sterling and also deducted twice. I tried to contact their Irish phone number to no avail. I sent a lot of e mails and I got some replies back. I spoke with someone in England on a very bad line and I requested calcellation of the order and a restoration of my money. I still dont know what is happening. The web site looks great and the furniture is offered at a good price but I fear there is something untoward going on. I would not use this web site again. I placed my order on June 28th 2010.

They charged me three times -twice in euro, once in sterling, they cancelled the transactions themselves but I still lost out after the exchange rate on the refund - I contacted my visa provider and they refunded the exchange rate difference.
I think you should get onto your visa provider anyway - I'm sure, like me, you haven't been provided with a receipt or terms and conditions so it may be best to nip things in the bud and arrange a refund. They UK website has a big percentage cancellation fee but there was nothing on the irish website when I ordered.

I purchased a nest of tables and got the quote in euros when I received my visa bill they had charged me in sterling, got one e-mail from the company and the incorrect amount was refunded to my visa they have not answered any of my other e-mails the tables arrived last saturday lucky enough I opened the package while the courier was here and they are not what I ordered they are a nightmare to deal with e-mailed them again on Saturday to contact me and still no reply when you contact the number in Ireland there is no answer does anyone know of any telephone number they can be contacted at Dublin are not answering

To the last two posters above: Ring your credit card co./bank and insist that they initiate a chargeback.

You need to first send copies of letters/emails/correspondence to the Chargeback Dept of your Credit Card provider, in order for them to consider making a refund to your Credit Card account.

Back