Has anyone been to court regarding "late" & "unpaid" eflow fees ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmk

HI

Has anyone been to court regarding "unpaid" eflow fees?

What was the outcome? We have a court date for tomorrow, we have tried to settle this with eflow and their solicitors for over a year now but still going on. All we get as an answer is we will look in to it and get back to you, so now after numerous of phone calls, emails and registered letters to them we still facing the courtroom tomorrow.

Its about 4 trips that was paid but 12hours to late. They now want €1,000 plus it will give us bad credit rating and court fees.

We have NEVER received any late fee letters so have never been aware of the problem until we got the registered letter from the solicitors. We have made contact with an post and they advice that if any letters were sent and not delivered they would have been returned to sender and the only way to guarantee a delivery is by registered letters, which they don't use. We have asked for the letters to be sent out so we get a fair chance to pay the late fees, but the answer was then its not sufficient and they want a higher amount.

We have no way to pay what they are asking for and the dream of buying a house will be gone if we be stuck with bad credit rating.

Do they really have the right to put this pressure and stress on people with no respectful chance to settle it without going down the whole court and big fees route?

Any advice would be helpful thank you.

Failure to pay the full amount due within a further 56 days will result in an additional €98.00 penalty. Then if you still have not paid the total amount due, legal proceedings will be initiated.

Where is the 1000 Euro coming from? They must give you a break down of fees. This is shocking!
Considering they try to sue you, the onus is on them to prove they have tried to contact you to settle the payment. Considering they haven't done that (you said, you didn't receive their letters sent by standard post) I would be surprised if they get away with it.

Also, they could cover themselves by having an online service where people could check any outstanding fees online. Considering they don't even send out the letter with the toll number (as it's in my case), there is no way for tracking the required fees. We had to ring them and the info given to us on the phone was inaccurate :mad:

Hi thanx for your reply. Really can I check my account with them online? Cos I have requested a statement from them with all the details from my account but all I get is the time and date we did our journey and how much the fee is at now. The thing is that we have paid every time but hands up a bit late a few times. I tried to pay a late fee once in the shop cos I knew it was late so I went in and paid €12, the shop assistant thought it was strange but said nothing, I have now been told I cant pay late fees in shops WITHOUT the letter...so where is the money I did pay?? and how am I to pay? I have no cc or lazer card to use oline or over phone, and NO letters to pay in shops? Eflow dont want to comment cos its passed on to the solicitors, its all so confusing and I cant get any respectful help or response from any of them. How do I check my account with them online?

Really can I check my account with them online?
not that I know off, hence my statement they should offer this service if they want people to pay correct amounts.

they are a very inefficient run company!

They now want €1000 plus it will give us bad credit rating and court fees.

the dream of buying a house will be gone if we be stuck with bad credit rating.

Could this affect your credit rating? They're not a fianancial institution so I wouldn't have thought so. The issue is whether you owe money to a private company.

I suppose if they got a judgement against you it would show up on future credit reports. It would certainly affect you getting a mortgage in the next few years.
Sybil

Had a similar situation and called solicitors. Your right, eflow cant help once case goes to solicitors. anyway i had ignored letters and claimed i hadnt recieved them but apparently they track them! so I called solicitors and offered to settle to keep out of court and they sorted it for me. Your best bet is to negotiate with em. Good luk!

Has the OP kept his vehicle details up to date with regard to his current address? If not then the letters could have been sent to the address where the vehicle is registered and that's why they haven't received them.

Has the OP kept his vehicle details up to date with regard to his current address? If not then the letters could have been sent to the address where the vehicle is registered and that's why they haven't received them.

no we been on the same address since we got the car. We have asked to get the letters sent again, and offered to get a chance to pay the late fee payment but it's to little money they answer...?!

We have tried and tried and tried, but all we get is we get back to you.... and they never do.

Does anyone know anybody thats been to court? today we rang them and they said the court wont be tomorrow???!! but that we still have to show up for them to give us some paperwork. So my partner have to take 2 days off work cos of this as well!! this cant be right.

OH was up in court for speeding fine and informed the judge that he did not get the fine in the post and therefore did not pay it. They asked him does he receive his ESB bills, telephone bills and XMAS cards (trying to imply he was lying) he stated he did as far as he knows but maybe someone sent him a card that he did not know about. Anyway long story short he got off as there are statistics to prove that An Post do infact lose a certain % of post every year and the police could not prove he got it as they did not send the fine by registered post.
Of course for the rest of the day in court the not so genuine's also did not receive their post and also got their speeding fine quashed!!

As for the court date yes they frequently change the times at the last minute and dont care that you have to take more than one day off at your own cost.

OH was up in court for speeding fine and informed the judge that he did not get the fine in the post and therefore did not pay it. They asked him does he receive his ESB bills, telephone bills and XMAS cards (trying to imply he was lying) he stated he did as far as he knows but maybe someone sent him a card that he did not know about. Anyway long story short he got off as there are statistics to prove that An Post do infact lose a certain % of post every year and the police could not prove he got it as they did not send the fine by registered post.
Of course for the rest of the day in court the not so genuine's also did not receive their post and also got their speeding fine quashed!!

As for the court date yes they frequently change the times at the last minute and dont care that you have to take more than one day off at your own cost.

I can understand that there is people making that up but Im totally honest when we say we NEVER received anything from them. Cos the thing is we knew there could be letters as we paid it late. And we have never refused to pay the late fee but we were never aware of it. And its a good thing we can say we do receive all other post that only shows that the problem is at their end and they should sort it with an post. Well I tried to google this issue and it looks like no one has been to court so far... surely there must be a lot of people missing to pay are they all going to court?? or do they just do a lucky dip who is going or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back