Hanging TV on wall

Marto

Hi all,

I'm hoping to hang my TV on a wall in our living room but don't want to have the decoder on display beside it or in view if necessary. Can this be done?
I'm a UPC customer with the basic package.

How are you going to hide the other cables, e.g. DVD player, mains power lead ?

Your decoder can't be completely out of sight if you want your remote control to operate.

have scart, hdmi (run to a small control room off the living room) and power points on wall and don't mind power lead as i should be able to hide it behind the tv.
Is there a wireless method of linking the decoder to the tv if it was to sit on a shelf in the room.

Don't think so, but happy to be wrong.

Something like a digisender would have it's own cabling and power supply requirements.

we have kitchen and sitting room tvs on the walls, sky box is under our portable tv in the bedroom.... both tvs have a magic eye. The tv in the kitchen has no power cables at all as plug behind tv but sitting room one has two cables running down from tv to the mantle piece, across right and down the side of mantlepiece and over the skirting up the wall to sockets. They are held in place with clips and wires are black so hardly noticeable at all. We did cut the plug off the tv wire and extend it to fit.

Family has tv on wall with white tube box over the wires, personally not my way to go.

Back