Halifax Fee

slave1

Background
Took out a mortgage with Halifax (then BOS) last year, given brouchure "pack" including listing of fees.
Included was a notice that a rearrangement fee was €95, further documentation inferred that this is for rearrangement of terms.

With neither rearrangement nor terms being defined I met with member of staff and asked if a lump sum payment off the capital sum, reducing the payback period was an example of a rearrangement fee, told no, additional borrowing was an example.

Now that I am making lump sum payments, have been told that this is subject to fee, contradicting advice above which I have in my personal notes from meeting with employee.

Requested the documentation I signed that clearly explains this.
Any thoughts on how to handle?

Did you get the clarifications in writing? If not then it's hard to corroborate this incident with Halifax or a third party. I would complain to Halifax in the first instance and if you get nowhere with them then try the [broken link removed] or [broken link removed].
With neither rearrangement nor terms being defined

Requested the documentation I signed that clearly explains this.
I thought that the documentation didn't clearly explain in what situations a rearrangement fee applied?

Back