Halifax Current Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJackal

Re: Best Value Current Accounts (Personal Banking)

Surely [broken link removed] deserves to be included in this thread?

Yes, there is no doubt that Halifax offer a brilliant value current account. I opened one last week.

If you lodge a min of €1,500 a month you get 10% interest! This can be lodged in one payment or a series of payments.
The max amount you get the interest on is €2,000, so that would be €200 in interest annually.
I simply have my wages put directly into my Halifax current a/c.

You don't need to keep the €1,500 min in your a/c all month, so you can pay bills, etc. Interest is calculated on your daily balance & they credit to your a/c monthly.

€160 after deduction of DIRT.

...and only if you keep the average of that amount in your account for the entire month, every month of the year....yippee!

€160 after deduction of DIRT.

...and only if you keep the average of that amount in your account for the entire month, every month of the year....yippee!

Yes indeed, but interest from all banks is subject to DIRT & 10% it's still the best rate going by some margin. I shopped around.

Other banks have offered similar interest rates lately but these are special offers and only for a few months. The Halifax 10% offer applies for as along as you continue to lodge at least €1,500 monthly.

Other banks have offered similar interest rates lately but these are special offers and only for a few months. The Halifax 10% offer applies for as along as you continue to lodge at least €1,500 monthly.

What is the government levy on the Hallifax debit card?

Is this a combo debit/atm card?

What is the government levy on the Halifax debit card?

Is this a combo debit/atm card?

It's a combo card & subject like all others to the standard government levy, which I believe to be 20euro

Has anybody experience of the Halifax current account?

Good, bad, indifferant?

cork, you will find lots of threads on the Halifax current account on AAM, just search for it. My experience with Halifax to date has been mixed, slow with application and account switcher, follow up phone calls required to their admin department. Though once set up I have to say the VISA/Debit card on the current account is a real plus.

Has anybody experience of the Halifax current account?

Good, bad, indifferant?

It's nice to see some interest coming into your current account... might be small and subject to DIRT, but still good to see.

Only fault I have with the Debit card is not all shops take them (e.g. Aldi) and most shops don't offer cashback on it, as they see it as a Credit Card. So we have found we still need to keep our old Current accounts with Laser card open with BOI, at least I see 10.5% coming with them for a short while... about time.

Do all places that take VISA - take the halifax debit card?

i asked them at halifax before opening my account,
if they know what places might not accept it,
and they said they are only aware of aldi and lidl.

Bit confused regarding the Halifax current a/c,the 10 % is only payable if 1500 euro is deposited per month but only up to a balance of 2K so what rate is paid after you surpass 2K after 2 months deposits? Ta Selig

i cannot lodge money into my betfair account with my visa debit card which is a real bummer. it says the card is not recognised. im considering cancelling the account because of this

Bit confused regarding the Halifax current a/c,the 10 % is only payable if 1500 euro is deposited per month but only up to a balance of 2K so what rate is paid after you surpass 2K after 2 months deposits?

Nothing. You'd better subscribe for a regular saver for any amount that exceeds the 2K balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back