Halifax Credit Card €100 credit

Just on this topic I took out a Halifax CC at the start of the year. I made my first transaction on 29th January. The €100 freebie from Halifax was lodged yesterday. Nice one.

I think somebody else on another thread mentioned something about not being able to see individual transactions on the Halifax online banking system.

Is this still the case?? This would be the deal breaker for me if I did switch- yes the €100 would be nice but I would still like to see the transactions like I can on AIB.

Clubman - how often are the statements? are the usual monthly postal statements or are they emailed?

Regarding the online viewing of transactions - this seems like something from the dark ages of banking- hiding information of the customers own account :) I thought online banking was to facilitate us/cost them less and have easy access to details without having people in call centres/branches etc... Jsut seems a daft set-up.

I thought online banking was to facilitate us/cost them less and have easy access to details without having people in call centres/branches etc... Jsut seems a daft set-up.
I'd imagine its to encourage people to switch their current account also (in which case, both can be accessed online).

Clubman - how often are the statements? are the usual monthly postal statements or are they emailed?
Not sure. Only signed up at the start of the year and got one statement to date. I presume the T&Cs clarify?

Back