Guideline prices for conveyancing?

W

Whelp

Hi,
Trying to sell a place at the moment and wondering what a reasonable price is for solicitor conveyancing.

I've seen 775 plus VAT offered by one Dublin firm. Is this the going rate? Seems a bit high for what I've been led to believe is involved.

Hi,

I've seen 775 plus VAT offered by one Dublin firm. Is this the going rate? Seems a bit high for what I've been led to believe is involved.

If you can get a competent experienced service for 775 plus VAT, I'd say that is an extremely good price.

To me it is hugely underpriced and if you have to offer a service at that price I'd worry about the level of service that could be offered. However that is just a personal opinion and if you have had recommendations about this solicitor, well and good.

We have a quote at € 875 plus VAT plus outlays - very keenly priced in comparison to other local solicitors

recently paid 1000+ VAT as a seller and the same solicitor has quoted the same for a house I'm about to buy. But shes brilliant, I was very happy with the work she did for me when selling (a lot more work than my estate agent did for a higher fee!!)

That's really good. I paid €1200 + VAT + outlays this time last year, and was the lowest quote I could get, asking a lot of people. In fairness though, sale ended up being pretty complicated and she did way more than she was paid for.
Money is not the only thing to consider. Also think of:
-trustworthiness
-will they be going on holidays during the sale
-location - mine was 2 doors up from where I work, so so handy for signing last minute documents. I know people who went for solicitors in their local towns and had nightmares trying to get stuff posted and doing stuff after hours.
-experience, many solicitors only had experience of conveyancing during the "good times" when sales went through so fast things were looked at thoroughly.
gut feel - do they feel like someone you will be happy to do businesss with?

experience, many solicitors only had experience of conveyancing during the "good times" when sales went through so fast things were looked at thoroughly.

gut feel - do they feel like someone you will be happy to do businesss with?

Very good points loukkcat..I agree with you. I am paying €1,500 all in for my sale. I could probably get it cheaper but I am with this solicitor for ten years and he knows me and my business. I also ring him for his advice on matters from time to time so its a good relationship. This is a not insignificant point.

Back