Grrrr computers!

S

S.L.F

I'm letting off steam here and don't need advice.

I bought a new computer recently and it was slower than a man walking to his own execution.

Tried moving about the house to maybe get a better reception.

Finally contacted HP and they suggest I use Internet Explorer instead of Mozilla Firefox.

Spoke to a friend of mine (ten years of computer science under his belt) who tells me that anyone who suggests people use Internet Explorer eat crayons.

There are moments when I feel like using windows to throw the computer out into the garden.

Have you considered using Chrome? I understand the frustration, it gets me as well. Internet Explorer is awful.

Also, have you considered using a WiFi extender? Might improve the signal for you.

I'm letting off steam here and don't need advice.

Tough! You're getting it anyway :D

Try plug directly in to the router with a cable and run a speed test to see what your connection is running at. Run more tests while using wireless in different locations around the house to see how the results are affected.

That suggestion from HP is not as dire as it seems. IE is a pain, but firefox is a resource hog. If you're suffering from poor connectivity, then things might improve using IE

Back