Greyhound Increase Lift charges from July 1st

How exactly have you managed to do this?

Are you saying to achieved 100% recycling?

I tried to opt out by phoning and writing to them and saying that I was not using their service. They refused to accept my word on this and they continued to invoice me. I asked them to get their binmen to check to see if I was leaving out my bin. They ignored this request. I asked them to send out a supervisor to check that I was not leaving out my bin, they ignored this request.
Finally after about 6 years someone actually replied to one of my letters and I was told that I had not "formally" opted out. I wrote back to them to explain what "formally" opting out meant and what was involved and did they have guidance/forms etc. I also pointed out that as I had not opted in and was never a customer why should I have to opt out.

I have achieved almost 100% recycling and the remainder I dispose of in one lot in one or two trips per annum.

Rehab also have glass banks that I understand are completly separate to any County Council.

I have achieved almost 100% recycling and the remainder I dispose of in one lot in one or two trips per annum.

I would have thought this was very difficult to achieve: how do you handle food-contaminated packaging, for example?

Although things have improved, many retailers make 100% recycling difficult to achieve, in the way goods are sold and packaged.

Unless you grow all your own food, of course....

I would have thought this was very difficult to achieve: how do you handle food-contaminated packaging, for example?

Although things have improved, many retailers make 100% recycling difficult to achieve, in the way goods are sold and packaged.

Unless you grow all your own food, of course....

I get very close to 100%, I put my black bin out twice a year, everything else is recycled.

Anything compostable goes in the compost. Cooked food waste goes in the bin, but this is kept to a minimum. That's easier as I'm generally only cooking for 1 or 2. If I had significant quantities of cooked food waste, I'd consider getting a wormery.

Food contaminated packaging gets washed, then recycled. Though I do sometimes wonder how environmentally friendly that really is. Energy and resources are being consumed by the washing process. At what point does that outweight the benefit of recycling?

I avoid non-recyclable packaging where possible.

I got a letter from Keywaste who are increasing their prices from 120 a year for fortnightly collection to 250 a year. roughtly €9.62 a lift.

As an aside....has anyone actually had money taken from their Greyhound balance for lifts done in 2012?
I put on €14 to cover 2 lifts at the start of the year and have had about 7 lifts in all....the €14 is still there and my lift history on their website is blank

As an aside....has anyone actually had money taken from their Greyhound balance for lifts done in 2012?
I put on €14 to cover 2 lifts at the start of the year and have had about 7 lifts in all....the €14 is still there and my lift history on their website is blank

Yes - the record on my Greyhound account reflects the lifts and amounts I've lodged.

All seems to be working now, once the various start-up issues were sorted.

I presume they'll eventually update my account...but it's 8 months now, so fingers crossed!

Back