green diesel

lynx

Hi all,

Know of any garages which sell green agricultural diesel in the blanchardstown area of dublin?

It's normally only sold in bulk...

don't support you are planning to use this on something other than farm equipment ?

It's normally only sold in bulk...

don't suppose you are planning to use this on something other than farm equipment ?

I'm sure it was a temptation for many people earlier this year when the prices were rocketing. Fines for using this Diesel are very high...€1500 for 1st offence I believe. I have been dipped myself twice in the last 2 years. To answer the OP, it can be bought in some filling stations from the pump. It is sold as "Gas Oil". Very risky business using it in cars.

green diesel is normal as sold at pumps, red diesel is the low tax dodgy stuff.

green diesel/Marked Gas Oil/MGO/ Agri diesel is only allowed to be used in agricultural vehicles or plant. It can also be used for *some* home heating boilers.

Kerosene is red and it is used for home heating.

DERV is road diesel, and is the product you buy at the forecourt for your derv car/jeep. It's usually pale yellow but i've seen it with a very light greenish tint.

the confusion about red diesel is that in the UK and NI the product we call MGO is dyed RED..

mybe the OP has an older boiler and ran out of heating oil and needed to get some, or was running a generator...

Correction: Green diesel is for Agri/farmers at 13/5% vat
White diesel is for cars/hauliers and sold at pumps @ 21% vat (21.5% from 1st Dec)
Red diesel is Kerosine for home heating @ 13.5% vat

fine

They will take your car if you are caught and you wont get it back until you pay the fine. You will also pay impund charges for each day it is impiunded, customs treat this the same way they do a vrt!

Back