Grant available for disabled toilet for parents?

paddi22

Hi,

We are trying to raise the money to help our parents change their toilet to a disabled friendly one, as they are both incapacitated. I had heard their was a grant available and I have scoured the HSE website but I can't find it! It's a one off payment I think. If anyone had a link or any info it would be great. Thanks

Irish Wheelchair Association [broken link removed] if your parents qualify within the income threshold ?

I have gone through that process in the recent past, the grant we got was available through the local County Council housing department. We used it to build downstairs bathroom and bedroom. Approval took ages, payment took ages, got it in the end though, I have heard from someone else lately who is trying to get this that there is a shortage of funds (surprise surprise!).

My parents just got this done via Galway Co Co. What part of the country are you in? The thing with grants is that you ahve to get someone that is registered to do the work and this is will probably work out the same as just getting it done privately anyway (even with the grant)

My parents just got this done via Galway Co Co. What part of the country are you in? The thing with grants is that you ahve to get someone that is registered to do the work and this is will probably work out the same as just getting it done privately anyway (even with the grant)

Why? Are you suggesting that the cheaper quote is because the contractor is not paying atx on a cash in hand transaction; hence able to do it for less?

My mother just had hers done - I applied two years ago for her, she is 83 - but still mobile. We had one quote from a contractor E13,000 and then the council recommended someone and he did it for the amount the council were allowing E5500 and he did a perfect job. You apply to the housing section of your county council - the housing adaptation scheme. Hope this nelps.

Angela59

Back