Granite Kitchen Counter Top Suppliers

PolkaDot

Currently in the market for a new kitchen and we have been advised to look into the option of getting the granite or quartz counter tops from a separate supplier to the kitchen fitters.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this and can they recommend any places? What normally happens in this case if you don’t get the counter tops from the kitchen fitters/kitchen unit suppliers? Who then fits the counter top?

Cheers

Hi PolkaDot, you might need to re-post in the 'suppliers and recommend tradesmen' section of this forum.

We used a separate supplier for our granite worktops. Not sure what part of the country you are in, but we found Miller Brothers Stone in Rathnew, Co. Wicklow to be the best.

There are some other suppliers in the South Dublin / Wicklow / Wexford area, but after viewing their work, some of which was really bad, we went with Miller Brothers.

The quality of the granite and the workmanship is excellent. No sharp edges, everything was rounded with half bullnose finish on top of the cupboards and a full bullnose on the island.

Our ceramic hob is dropped into the granite and is located in one corner of the kitchen. Even here, there are no corners or joints to the front of the granite. It was cut in one piece and beautifully rounded at the front to fit into the corner.

3 of my neighbours have also had their granite / marble tops done by Miller Bros and I know they do work in Dublin as well.

Have a look at their portfolio [broken link removed].

No connection to them, just a very happy customer.

delgirl, thanks will look into it.

If a Mod thinks this thread would be better suited to the 'suppliers and recommend tradesmen' section please feel free to move it. I don't want to create a duplicate.

Back