Government Reminder - Summer time clock change

ninsaga

This was on [broken link removed] just now......WTF - from the Minister for Justice!

Summer time reminder
Irish “summer time” will begin at 1am on Sunday, the Government reminded today.

Justice Minister Dermot Ahern said he would like to remind people to adjust their clocks and watches.

“Summer time” will officially begin at 1am Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on Sunday morning, he said in a statement.

It will end at 1am GMT on Sunday, October 25.

Isn't it good of them to remind us. Now if only they could run the country they'd be brilliant!

On a related topic, do you find it hard to adjust to the time change? I love the extra daylight in the evenings but am bloody wrecked in the mornings for about a week or so.

Bet Brian Cowen would love to turn the clock back a few years instead.....

true indeed! The first thing he'd have done was to lose a few stone for the recent paintings! Ooopps am I going to get arrested now for incitement to hatred!

true indeed! The first thing he'd have done was to lose a few stone for the recent paintings! Ooopps am I going to get arrested now for incitement to hatred!

You'd never know, ninsaga............... They're probably monitoring all our posts as we write. ;)

Hopefully, then we'll get some peace and quite round here ;)

On a related topic, do you find it hard to adjust to the time change? I love the extra daylight in the evenings but am bloody wrecked in the mornings for about a week or so.

Gllarosa, I find the Autumn change affects me rather than the spring change. A friend of mine gets what could be described as "jet-lag" whenever the time changes, so you're not alone! Don't know what he'd be like if he travelled abroad and dealt with big time changes!

I remember being a night porter for the autumn time change.
Had to work an extra hour, grrrrrr :mad:

Don't forget the hotel residents
"The time goes back an hour so you have to serve us drink for an extra hour"
Chancers!

Extra daylight in the evenings....... Can't wait! :)

[broken link removed]

Back