Google documents query

birdy

Hi,

I am planning an event, and a google document spreadsheet has been set up so that all involved can see who/ whats been done & its working well.

However, I now realised that one person who doesnt have a gmail address can not edit the document at all.

Does any one know if there is any way round this, am I missing something on the permissions. Many thanks for any suggestions

You can share the document with any email address. The recipient will receive a notification with a link to the document.

When they browse to the document they will b required to sign up for the service. They don't ever have to use the gmail address which is provided if they don't want to but their user name becomes their login.

This is the way most websites -including Askaboutmoney- work: you sign up and you are given/choose a username before you can contribute.

That's the best answer I can offer you!
Hope this helps.

I am an IT trainer and I have run Google Apps / Google Docs training among other topics - a great suite of tools but not the only ones to provide shared documents.

Back