good music shop to buy guitar

johnnycash

Hi,
I'm going to buy a new guitar and am planning to spend about €1000, maybe a little more, on a good brand. Most of the smaller music shops I have been to have plenty of cheaper guitars but don't have that much to choose from in the price range I am looking to spend. Where are the big music shops, e.g. in Dublin, that would have plenty of guitars in stock ?? i was thinking about brands like Takamine, or possible Larrivee (if it is possible to get one here in my price range).
Thanks for any help...

Only the main shops around exchequer st/georges st in dublin music maker, musician inc, waltons, perfect pitch. All within 2 mins walk of each other.
Theres any amount of online sites... www.music123.com www.thomann.de, etc,etc, everyone knows someone who got one at a "better" site.... Also try [broken link removed]acoustic guitar section, adverts.ie music board and [broken link removed]guitar listings. Lots of bargains to be had..

edit. music123.com not guitar123.com

Thanks for that. I would be hesitant about actually buying a guitar on the web as I'd want to play it first, although browsing those sites should give a better idea of brands/price etc..
I'll probably take a walk around Dublin at the w/e and visit some of those shops you mentioned.
Cheers..

I've bought one guitar from Music Maker, two from Musicians inc and one online from 247guitars.....The latter was a cheapo so I wasn't concerned. Both of the other stores I refer to were very good. Music Maker have a lot of Taks and Taylors and plenty of space for you to work away and try them all out in your price range. Musicians inc. is a much smaller shop but have a decent range of guitars.....If you go there check out the amazing value for money you'll get for a €1k Garrison !

My brother bought a rickenbacker! on the net. He tried a few guitars out in those shops at the back of grafton Street in Dublin. Once he identified what he wanted he bought on line and saved himself a small fortune. He's playing it for years and has bought a few more on line since (different types).

Back