Good interest on savings?

• Thread starter Showmemoney
  • Start date
Don't know if you would know, but do the likes of Investec offer the chance to immediately take your, say €30478, and start another 6 month account with them, or do you have to take delivery of your money?

On maturity date, Investec offer you the option of a 6 month term deposit, 12 month term deposit, a one month notice account or to withdraw your money.

Excuse the ignorance (because I'm new to this site) but who are Ivestec and are my savings guaranteed and do they charge fees for investing the money? Also, wouldn't An Post give a better return (possibly long-term) now as some, or all, of their products are not subject to DIRT?

but who are Ivestec and are my savings guaranteed and do they charge fees for investing the money? Also, wouldn't An Post give a better return (possibly long-term) now as some, or all, of their products are not subject to DIRT?

The first 50,000 GBP of your deposit is UK state guaranteed.

Investec offer up to 1 year fixed. Their 1 year fixed rate is better than the An post rate.

Investec's 1 year fixed rate of 4.5% is now the best on the market as Irish Nationwide have cut there's to 4.25%.

Investec's 1 year fixed rate of 4.5% is now the best on the market as Irish Nationwide have cut there's to 4.25%.

Yeah, Investec now offer the best 1 year and 6 month term deposit rates.

INBS cut their rates last week according to the Financial Regulator but only updated their website today. I had emailed them about this last week.

ICS (BOI) sent out a letter today stating that their 3 month fixed rate is down to 0.47 %.

Have you switched yet !!?

I know, I know:eek: Tomorrow I will. Can I pull out the money at any stage I like or is it locked in now seeing as I got that 'letter of confirmation' today?

Did you open a new 3 month term deposit? Do BOI roll existing term deposit accounts into a new term deposit ??

Once a term deposit is opened you are normally locked for 3 months.

Did you open a new 3 month term deposit? Do BOI roll existing term deposit accounts into a new term deposit ??

Once a term deposit is opened you are normally locked for 3 months.

Didn't get a chance to do anything today.

Yes, they seem to roll it on. Will fight with them if they don't let me withdraw it. I recall my business account manager telling me that it wasn't actually locked in.

Back