Golf clubs on aer lingus flights

Mourinho

I read its €20 each way to bring the golf clubs on my flight to Malaga at the weekend - anybody know if this is true? Is that the charge for your whole bag? Can you just bring a few clubs and "bubble wrap"them and do they still charge you the €20??

Anybody any experience of this??

Many thanks

According to this (not sure if the session id will expire that link...):
Animals, sports and musical items

Sports equipment

Golf bags, surf boards, wind surfing equipment, skis, bicycles*, and fishing equipment are accepted as baggage under the following conditions:

• Ireland/UK/Europe flights: Flat charge of €25 or £17.
  • USA flights: Normal baggage allowance rules/restrictions apply.
*Bicycles departing Amsterdam airport must be boxed or bagged. These can be purchased at the airport.

Thx clubman - i was hoping to try and bring about 4 clubs bubblewrapped together rather than the whole set (as I can borrow the rest). So I rang aer lingus to ask what the story with that would be if i did this and they said it would only be decided at check in whether to charge me the €25!

So i was just wondering had anyone else done this and what happened...

A colleague recently had a big argument with Aer Lingus check in staff over his bag which was within the required weight and size limitations for hand luggage but which they insisted that he check in. I'm not sure how representative this single incident was but it would make me wary of leaving baggage issues to chance though.

Any sporting equipment whether bubble wrapped, in a bag or not are liable for the 25 euro charge per sector. It is easier to have paid the fee at the ticket desk before checking in and you can also pay for the return journey at the same time, just dont lose your receipt.

Back