Going to Australia for 3 to 4 weeks - Suggestions please

LM26: The company we used was OzTrails for both the Blue Mountains & the Hunter Valley. The guy (Mouse) who did the Blue Mountains tour was a scream & I forget the other guys name,but he was really good too. Hope this helps. By the way in Darling Harbour on Saturday nights they have a fireworks display between 9 & 9.15 pm which is just brilliant, well worth a wander down if you like that kind of thing. When you go to Hamilton Island, ask about a visit to WhiteHaven beach it's just stunning!

Hi Luckycharm - no I wasn't wearing my gaa jersey - don't have one! But it was worth a look at the pub & to eat the steak of course, which surprisingly was good! We didn't go to Airlie beach, we just didn't have time to do everything (maybe the next time!). But as I said the Barrier Reef & Whitehaven beach were experiences I'll always treasure. It was our first trip to South East Asia & although I'm glad we saw Hong Kong I just didn't like the masses of people everywhere. So if we go again we'll maybe try somewhere a bit quieter.
LM26: Hamilton Island is beautiful - a bit pricey though - but so lovely & I'll get the name of the tour company in Sydney for you. We did the Blue Mountains & Hunter Valley & really enjoyed both days.

Sorry just hate Cock and bull, scruffy murphys etc ;) How did you get to Whitehaven beach most boats go out of Airlie beach? Anyway glad you had such a good time

LM26: The company we used was OzTrails for both the Blue Mountains & the Hunter Valley. The guy (Mouse) who did the Blue Mountains tour was a scream & I forget the other guys name,but he was really good too. Hope this helps. By the way in Darling Harbour on Saturday nights they have a fireworks display between 9 & 9.15 pm which is just brilliant, well worth a wander down if you like that kind of thing. When you go to Hamilton Island, ask about a visit to WhiteHaven beach it's just stunning!

Thanks Harry31, really appreciate the info!

Hi, we went out of Airlie with Fantasea Adventure tours (I think) they were very good. As for the Cock & Bull etc. sometimes you just have to hear an Irish accent after the Aussie twang! How I wish I was back there now.

Harry31, did you check in online before you headed to the airport? Our Etihad tickets say the check in opens at least 3 hrs before departure and that we need to be at boarding gates 45 mins before hand. Just wondering if you know how soon before departure should we head to airport if we check in online the day before?

Harry31, did you check in online before you headed to the airport? Our Etihad tickets say the check in opens at least 3 hrs before departure and that we need to be at boarding gates 45 mins before hand. Just wondering if you know how soon before departure should we head to airport if we check in online the day before?

It always takes a little longer for the Long distance flights generally due to people having alot more luggage to check through etc plus obviously bigger planes with more people to baord.
Also takes ages to get through Ozzie airports due to them putting through all your luggage again before you leave the airport.

Thanks Luckycharm, think we will head about 3 hrs beforehand so just to be safe!

Back