Getting to&from Tampa

johnno09

Im looking at flying to Tampa in December. I will be tight on time as the trip is for specific business.

Im trying to find the economical and shortest route there from Dublin. I need to leave Ireland Thursday evening and leave Tampa Sunday evening. Can anyone suggest where to go via that will achieve this. Im addled from looking at the options.

Why not just fly to Orlando and drive over - that'll save the transfer time, hanging around the airport and the road is quite good.

yes, that is probably the quickest way to get to Tampa.

But if you don't fancy a couple of hours drive after a long flight (could be longer drive on arrival -as it's rush-hour on the I.4. highway out of Orlando Mons-Fris) then the alternative flights viia various places will costs on average €200 more than the direct Orlando flights and will take 12hrs- 14 hrs inc. stopover. (NY or Atlanta or Lon etc etc)
cf to Dub Orlando 9/10 hrs.

If you are really lucky and depending on your dates then the price difference can be only a 100 euros. You better start searching now -startting with the EI website , and I quite like opodo.com /opodo .co.uk

I need to leave Ireland Thursday evening and leave Tampa Sunday evening. Can anyone suggest where to go via that will achieve this. Im addled from looking at the options.
I would go via London with British Airways - Friday morning out (or you could go to London on Thursday evening). Tampa is an easy airport to get in and out of and I've sometimes done the reverse of what others have suggested - flown to Tampa and driven to Orlando.

In terms of logistics, transatlantic flights to the US nearly all leave in the morning so not sure what you mean about leaving Thursday evening? You could get as far as London on Thursday evening but you might as well stay here and do the journey all in one starting on Friday morning. You would get to Tampa mid/late afternoon on Friday.

For the return, via London is the only option that will let you leave on Sunday evening: transfers via NY or Boston or Chicago would mean leaving Tampa by lunchtime at the latest.

Driving from Orlando would work going out on Thursday morning but Aer Lingus only fly the Orlando route on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday so you couldn't come home that way.

Could you do flight only with one of the charters like American Holidays to Sanford Orlando? Might be worth a phone call.

Back