Getting to Connolly Station

Gimme

Hi folks,

Looking for some local knowledge from any Dublin drivers - I need to drive to Connolly Station tomorrow between 12.30 and 13.30. From the Red Cow Roundabout what is the fastest way at his time? I know I could travel by the LUAS but I will a have a lot of baggage to drop off and need to drop people at the station. Any help much appreciated.

Gimme - having luggage (unless it really is a huge amount) on the Luas shouldn't be a problem. In reality Luas will leave you nearer the trains in Connolly than any car park, so you will still end up having to lug the bags around a lot.

At least with Luas once you are on the tram you know it will be 30-40 minutes (I think) before you get there, and once you get there you won't have to go looking for parking places, etc . . . you just get off the tram, go upstairs and get your train.

The thing with Dublin traffic is that there really is no fast way, especially at that time of day. Any time I have to go around the city in mid morning I am amazed at the random traffic jams that appear around the place.

z

Hi Sue and Zag,

Thank you both, at the last minute we decided to use the LUAS and it was perfect - tho' there was a bit of a dispute at the gate of the car park and we weren't too sure if the trams would run. All in all highly reccommended.

Back