getting rid of spanner sign

villa 1

Hi Folks. I have a skoda octavia 07 1.9tdi and it is due for a service shortly. It is it's third service at 45k and a good friend of mine is going to do the necessary work(ex mechanic and the skoda is out of warranty). I know though that this famous spanner sign indicating service time is going to appear on the dash between the speedo and rev counter. Is there any way of getting rid of this spanner sign without having to go the dealers which is an eighty mile round trip. Thanks
What a car by the way!!

infacta, spanner sign should be covered in the car manual under service or service indicators... not sure bout skoda, but found it in vw book and it said what puttons to press to clear the service as if service had just been done.

Sure enough the instructions were in the service book. Typical!!
Manufacturer recommended going to the dealers to have it done electroncally but there is a manual instruction in the book so I opted for that and it worked a treat. Warranty issues don't really matter as there is only 2 yrs with the skoda octavia here in ireland and that period has since passed. Is'nt it amazing that you get three yrs warranty in the UK on the same car. Just like there is a higher spec. on the same car in the UK. Spec must fall of the boat over here!!
Thanks for your help.

Back