Getting corrupt files from a camera

jinty

Hi,

My SD has become corrupt. Has anyone any ideas/service providers/software that might be able to recover them?

Thanks.

Jinty.

There is free software available (I'll try to find the source now) that you can run to retrieve some if not all of the data. I'll get something on it and post later. Ijust googled and found this. Don't know how good or bad it is but maybe worth a shot.

Use the trial version!

Last edited:
Thanks Hansov,

I've tried mintool power data recovery and I also tried this one.

The card isn't even detected by the software. I am connecting through the camera.

Have I any hope? Would I have a better chance if I could put it directly into an SD slot?

Thanks again.

Jinty.

Thanks Hansov,

The card isn't even detected by the software. I am connecting through the camera.

Have I any hope? Would I have a better chance if I could put it directly into an SD slot?

Thanks again.

Jinty.

Yrs Jinty, you would be WAY better off using a card reader rather than the camera.

Thanks Hansov,

Thanks again.

Jinty.

Yes Jinty, you would be WAY better off using a card reader rather than the camera.

Oops, posted twice...don't know how that happened........

Thanks Sparkrite,

Unfortunately I'm not going to have access to a PC that I can add software to and has an SD card reader for a while but I'll let you know how I go.

Jinty

Tesco do a real cheap USB card reader which could get you out of the bind of not being near a machine that has a SD card reaser. €5 or €6 if I remember correctly. In fact I had a look at the Tesco uk site just there and they had a Technika 16 in 1 Memory Card Reader for just £2.50 so keep an eye open in your local store - it may be that cheap here too.

Last edited:
Back