Getting breakfast included when staying in hotel "houses"

noc1

Hi,
I know it's not the norm to have breakfast included in the price when you stay in "on site houses" in a hotel complex, but is it possible to get it included in the price for no extra or just a small bit extra?

Planning to go somewhere in ireland for 5 or 7 nights during July. I know i could just get a box of Weetabix and carton of milk etc etc, but would be nice to have someone else prepare it (for a change) and not for 10/15 euro a head.

Thanks
Noc1

AFAIK, the Quality hotel in Youghal and possibly the other Quality hotels, doa B&B deal for their apartments.

With most hotels you can strike a deal on anything. Especially if you pick a time when the Hotel is not full.

Just rang Fota to see what the price of breakfast would be if staying in thier houses. 16.50 for adults and 8.50 for children (€50 for us). i asked twice if they could do a deal for residents staying in the houses and was told no. it seems quite short sighted - i would have been prepared tp pay 175 for the week - at that i'm sure they'd still make a profit. now i prob won't pay them anything at all. Grrrr.

I stayed in Fota once and was really unimpressed with the service there. As far as I recall the swimming hours in the (pretty cold) swimming pool were restricted for kids, and if you wanted to use a sauna/jacuzzi you had to pay extra.

One place I love and have recommended here several times, where I have found they are willing to negotiate a reasonable deal, is (the one near Portarlington, not in Portlaoise). I've stayed there a few times, most recently last summer, and have always been happy with it. They have very nice 4 bedroom houses there and I don't know if they offer a breakfast included deal but it could be worth asking.

We stayed in the houses in the heritage and got breakfast included -No idea how much it was though it was booked by someone else

i would have been prepared to pay 175 for the week - at that i'm sure they'd still make a profit. now i prob won't pay them anything at all. Grrrr.

I'm sure if ye rang the local cafe, they would arrange to deliver your breakfast for that amount.

Back