Get the Unemployed to do unpaid Community Work

FAS always have loads of "trainees" going around to companies offering to work for companies for nothing. Thus an unemployed person if applying to the company for work off his own bat is at a serious disadvantage.Also I would have to agree that the company will take advantage of this and even permanent staff are under pressure.However it helped create a very competitive private sector.
The situation in the public service is different in that the state has total control and can set the rules and enforce them. There may be a 2 tier whereby permanent staff are paid more than tempory staff,until such time as one rate can be agreed.
Its incredible how the government has billions to spend in bailing out the banks but can be penny pitching in services to our sick,children and elderly.

Hi Firefly
....the unions have total control You have misquoted me. I presume that is your personal opinion.

my quote is that the state i.e. the government has the ultimate control.

Hi Firefly
....the unions have total control You have misquoted me. I presume that is your personal opinion.

my quote is that the state i.e. the government has the ultimate control.

Sorry, didn't mean to mis-quote you - was highlighting who I thought has control & should have created a new sentence

Great idea. I remember my grandparents telling us about the Famine. Roads, called New Line, were built during these times and the workers fed as reward for their work but they impressed that they could have been fed but their dignity had to be preserved so they were given work.
Never thought about it before but now that I have a grown up's mind great excuse to get people to work. Browtal

The famine roads work scheme had more in common with "arbeit macht frei" in that starving people who had no money or income were given the choice of meaningless but hard work or starvation.If they had been put to work growing cabbages it would have made more sense.

Look at the big picture and ask yourself a few questions, Are we paying enough tax and insurance?, Are our hospitals in enough crises?,
Now people we want the people on welfare to work, Imagine the amount of injure claims that would hit the country Insurance would rocket and hospitals would just jam, and to pay for it all we would pay 70% tax ,
One sure way of destroying the country ,no leave them I say ,,,,,,

Look at the big picture and ask yourself a few questions, Are we paying enough tax and insurance?, Are our hospitals in enough crises?,
Now people we want the people on welfare to work, Imagine the amount of injure claims that would hit the country Insurance would rocket and hospitals would just jam, and to pay for it all we would pay 70% tax ,
One sure way of destroying the country ,no leave them I say ,,,,,,

I don't understand your post.

Back