German banks that dont require 50/100k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesGG

Are there any that a non resident can open an A/C without 50 or 100k? Thanks.

I was in Frankfurt earlier this week and opened a DB 1yr Deposit A/C in the Airport Branch with less than €50k but had an appointment made in advance. Also checked with the Santander Branch at the Airport and could have opened an a/c on the spot but had to have a current a/c opened first with a monthly €7 charge and a min balance of €1k all the time. Also checked with a Sparkasse in the city and could have opened a 1 yr Deposit a/c with €20k on the spot.

I was in Frankfurt earlier this week and opened a DB 1yr Deposit A/C in the Airport Branch with less than €50k but had an appointment made in advance. Also checked with the Santander Branch at the Airport and could have opened an a/c on the spot but had to have a current a/c opened first with a monthly €7 charge and a min balance of €1k all the time. Also checked with a Sparkasse in the city and could have opened a 1 yr Deposit a/c with €20k on the spot.

Thanks.

Thanks.

This may be a stupid question but like the banks here do you not need an address in Germany to have a bank account in Germany ?.

I opened a savings account with Deutsche Bank. I contacted the branch in advance and went in person. Address in Ireland, No Charges, No Min deposit.

DKB, 1822direkt, Sparkassen Broker, Volkwagen Bank, Cortal Consors. I'm proud customer of all of them. Brendan, so sorry you closed my thread on german banks (the one with most replies in 2011?) :D

I tried opening a DKB one... sent all the info with a nice cover letter in German with my reasons and the sizable amount I would deposit.. I got a call today from them, asked if she could speak English.. she said no... then she talked for about a min... to which I said "yes"... no idea what she was saying ... then she said goodbye... oh well, fingers crossed it was the application is being processed but probably was sorry you have to speak German.. being checking my email all day hoping they would send something to confirm either way... why did I do french in school!!!!

think I need to book some flights!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back