George Hook and his annoying Sky adverts

Yeah. If "no discernible talent" and "attention craving" are regarded as problems, you're spot on.

I disagree. George has a wonderful way with words both on radio and on tv. I think he has great presence on the radio. Much warmer than Pat the Plank and Pat is good on radio.

I disagree. George has a wonderful way with words both on radio and on tv. I think he has great presence on the radio. Much warmer than Pat the Plank and Pat is good on radio.

Pat usually knows what he is talking about. He can conduct an interview without talking over his guest in order to let everyone know (yet again) what his opinions are and he attempts to be neutral. In all of the above he differs from George Hook.

Pat usually knows what he is talking about. He can conduct an interview without talking over his guest in order to let everyone know (yet again) what his opinions are and he attempts to be neutral. In all of the above he differs from George Hook.
+1
When George learns a new word that has five or more letters, he should at least keep repeating it (off air) until knowing how to pronounce it. Finding out it's meaning and being able to use it correctly would also help his profile. Or is this a problem with all retired rugger buggers?

What about his rugby analyst work? Did people find that irritating?
George is not there for his knowledge. He is there because people find his mix of charm, smugness, arrogance and sometimes contrarian views riveting viewing.
He is strangely representative of modern ireland in the persona of an old codger.
As he says himself "its out there......so why not have it?"

What about his rugby analyst work? Did people find that irritating?
George is not there for his knowledge. He is there because people find his mix of charm, smugness, arrogance and sometimes contrarian views riveting viewing.
He is strangely representative of modern ireland in the persona of an old codger.
As he says himself "its out there......so why not have it?"

Yep he just says things to be controversial which anyone who follows the game knows he is talking through his This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language at times!! Brent pope is much better and Conor O'shea sits on the fence too much mainly due to his various jobs in England.
Very ironic all these new Sky tv ads considering his views when RTE lost the rights to show HEC game to SKY :rolleyes:
I actually don't mind him on on the radio and will listen if he is talking about something I am interested in.

At least he's only trying to sell Sky; nobody lost an eye. The ad that would annoy me is the one with the golfer recommending some crowd for laser eye surgery. Unless he's actually had them laser his eyes then I don't think he should be on pretending that he has had a good experience with them (unless he has, I which case I'll crawl back into my spider-hole).

The ad that would annoy me is the one with the golfer recommending some crowd for laser eye surgery. Unless he's actually had them laser his eyes then I don't think he should be on pretending that he has had a good experience with them (unless he has, I which case I'll crawl back into my spider-hole).
He has had laser eye surgery (but he didn't go for the High St heavily advertised service for his surgery - ssshhh, don't tell the audience)

Back