Genuine Rolex for reduced price

lyonsie

I am buying my 'intended' a rolex for engagement/wedding present, and am wondering if anyone would think it unreasonable that in this economic climate I might buy one at a good price.
The watch he has his eye on is 6820euro in the shops, and I have been offered this for 5500euro, but I think I might do better!!!!! Bargain hunter!!!!
Might we do better in London??? or does anyone know what the US price is. An 'oyster perpetual timejust', steel/gold strap, white face & roman numerals.... or as near as possible, the numerals can be different.
Don't waste time with replies about customs etc.... it didnt bother the bankers. Think of all the people that went to the north for their xmas shopping and are still doing it. We just want one item for a good price rather that going over the border every other week for all our shopping!!!

I caught the intro to a story on skynews last week about pawn brokers in London making a killing from Bankers etc. selling their top of the range watches at knock down prices.

So I'm sure you could get a bargain there.

Personally I've never understood the fascination with expensive watches - if it tells the time what more do you want? Ignoring the "economic climate" I think it's a sinful amount of money to spend on a watch.

That's worth looking into, thanks. The 'diamonds' cost a lot of money too, but I felt I was worth it!!! So now its his turn to get treated, and he is worth it too.

I have got a Breitling watch, which was bought in Dubai last year. It was just over half the price of what it is here. Maybe you could check sourcing it there.

Was that new or 'pre-owned' Stevo? If I happen to be in UK, would I be able to access my AIB account if a 'deal' is happening?

That was brand new. I'm not sure if you will do much better in London to be honest. I think most european countries prices are similar. I nearly bought the same watch in Rome. It was marked at €3700 and i got it down to €3000.

Of course you will do better with the exchange rate currently but if it were me i'd be trying to source the watch in NYC. The are many Rolex dealers on fifth avenue.

If you can manage to get cheap flights to NYC i think it would definately be worth it plus you get a holiday into the bargain.

There's a rolex place in London in the Picadilly arcade (I think that's what you call the place, it's a covered old arcade off Picadilly), they repair rolex watches and also sell them. Sometimes they have ones that were left in for repair and that the owners want to sell, worth talking to them.
Also the pawnbrokers in Francis Street (?) off Thomas Street in Dublin, they sometimes have auctions of watches including rolex. You can either bid on the day or put a bid in beforehand and they will ring you if successful.

Go to David Duggan Watches, I think he is in Burlington arcade off Piccadily. google him and you'll find his website. I purchased a Rolex Daytona from him recently.

That's the place I meant, thought it was called the Picadilly Arcade but you're right, it's the Burlington Arcade. Good place to have a look anyway before trying elsewhere, very knowledgable about Rolex.

Back