Gender specific cars

Graham_07

Was watching Top Gear last night. May & Clarkson got into a discussion on "gender specific" cars. Basically those cars which look right only when driven by either men only or women only. And of course how the respective male or female drivers look. The example was shown of a yellow Daihatsu Copen folding hard top convertible. The car & female occupant looked great together. Enter the 30something, gelled, tanned male and wham, both looked totally stupid. Was wondering what other cars might be gender specific. Perhaps a start ( just from my own observations) might be....

Male mainly
- Any MG roadster (preferably pre 80's ) and not the purple MGF
- Porsche 911 ( any variant except the boxster)
- Saab 9-3 cabrio
- BMW 3 series coupe (up to 2004 model)
- Any S class Merc
- Any Alfa

Female mainly
- Peugeot 206/207cc
- Porsche boxster
- Merc SLK & ML
- VW beetle

Either ?
- Mini
- Mazda MX-5

Either ?
- Mini
- Mazda MX-5[/quote]
Saw an old episode of Top Gear yesterday. MX-5 not even a hairdressers car, it's the receptionist at the hairdressers car! (I think that was Anne Robinsons own opinion though)
Old mini's ok.

Female:
New Beetle
New Mini
Fiat 500
Citreon C3 Plurial
Nissan Micra Convertible (pretty much most very small convertibles)

Male:
Range Rover
Any large 4 door S Merc/ 7 BMW/ Lexus
Suburu Impressa / Mitsubishi Lancer types
Toyota Galanza (Jap import starlet driven by 17 - 19 y.o males)
Pretty much all classic cars as few ladies want to fix old cars

Male
Cars described by statistics (3 Litre, twin turbo, quad cam with 450 bhp and a Limited slif diff)

Female
Cars described by colour (the red one!)

Male
Cars described by statistics (3 Litre, twin turbo, quad cam with 450 bhp and a Limited slif diff)

Female
Cars described by colour (the red one!)

Well..... This chick just bought a GTTDI, 1.9L, 130bhp, VW Golf, 6 Speed... oh yes and if I'm not mistaken it's... Lipstick Red!

Its actually hilarious when a woman does know her cars inside out when talking to men. Some quickly realise they are out of their depth and exercise a well timed subject change...think quick....em football!!!

Female:
New Beetle
New Mini
Fiat 500
Citreon C3 Plurial
Nissan Micra Convertible (pretty much most very small convertibles)

Male:
Range Rover
Any large 4 door S Merc/ 7 BMW/ Lexus
Suburu Impressa / Mitsubishi Lancer types
Toyota Galanza (Jap import starlet driven by 17 - 19 y.o males)
Pretty much all classic cars as few ladies want to fix old cars

It's not even about the particular madel of car... it even comes down to the variant...

e.g...

New Mini = Female
Mini Cooper Works = Male

New Fiat 500 = Female
Abarth 500 = Male

Range Rover = Male
Range Rover Sport = Female (especially when seen outside a school at about 8.45am)

Lancer Evo / Imprezza = Male
But how damn sexy does any woman look when driving these cars...

Just my humble opinion...

Its actually hilarious when a woman does know her cars inside out when talking to men. Some quickly realise they are out of their depth and exercise a well timed subject change...think quick....em football!!!

Gotta agree with you there!! The guy I bought my car from made the mistake of asking me if I particularly wanted a red one.... :mad: A mistake he is unlikely to repeat!!!!:D

I drive my hubbys 4x4 Navara pickup, that's definatly a man's car. When I drive it I always feel I have to be wearing a sleeveless tee-shirt, sunglasses and a tad too much makeup!

Gets me noticed though :D usually by men diving out of the way like they think I'm about to crash the thing.

Lets get the Mini thing straight.....

Mini One = Women's

Mini Cooper (S) = Men's

A normal Cooper puts out about 130BHP, that's more than normal Auris, Golf (FSI) (It'll beat a GT 0-60), normal Impreza, Alfa 147, Astra...... The Cooper is in a league of it's own.

A Cooper S puts out 175BHP, that compares to nothing in it's price region!

MINI'S RULE!!

Here's one though, a RX-8...... 231 BHP, male or female?

I always cringe when I see a man driving a Porsche Boxster. It just cries out 'Mid-life Crisis/Male Menopause suffer' who splashed out on the poor man's Porsche.

I firmly believe all new Minis are girl's cars, there's just something about them that. A Cooper would suggest a girl driver that knows about cars.

All small convertibles are a little girly, even the BMW Z4 and Merc SLK. And men over 40 should not drive convertibles.

Back